Throwing Babies

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Akachan o nageru no?!?----Japan, though it seems to be an odd phrase for them to comprehend i bet......

Holy throwing babies party....I have heard it a lot....

Is it said because someone in the crowd thinks that you are so FREAKIN good that they want to give you the best thing that they have?!?! Their own child?!? Or did babies become the preffered projectile because hotel room keys, hot dogs, and money were too hard to divy up among all of the corps members?

------or is it more of a "take my child and make him one of you" kind of thing, like Moses getting put in the basket or something, to provide a better life for him......?!?!

My question is:

WHo is bringing their baby to a drum corps show anyway?!?! I'd throw someones baby if it was whining during Carolina Crowns ballad this year-:blink: (that whole show is deserving of all sorts a baby throwin) :blink:-I would have probably thrown the parent too....

Any thoughts?

Edited by cwillpayne

we used to use that expression as early as 1977 that i can remember.

typically..the babies would be thrown at the company front, or the last note of the show!

didn't see any thrown in '05

How Cliche! I marched a long time ago and now everything sucks. Weird how an innocent post asking a simple question is usually taken this direction. I know, I know, don't feed the trolls, but I'm amazed how our "older" posters always do this.

ECJ 05, during our encore, our perc. caption head charlie poole threw a baby doll some of the members had bought for him and given him at the banquet.... it was pretty funny.

Charlie Poole used to use that phrase when he taught us at 27th. He was a great guy to have as a caption head, and had some interesting and funny phrases!

Edited by RickCogley

How Cliche! I marched a long time ago and now everything sucks. Weird how an innocent post asking a simple question is usually taken this direction. I know, I know, don't feed the trolls, but I'm amazed how our "older" posters always do this.

I don't really think that was that person's point. althought i definately would have thrown babies towards a little group from just outside of Chicago known as, :blink::blink: DAAAAAA (Phantom) Reg!!! :blink::blink: (hey, you really don't want to hear my Chicago "aCCent")

Edited by tubawarrior