Throwing Babies

definately would have thrown babies towards a little group from just outside of Chicago known as, :worthy::worthy: DAAAAAA (Phantom) Reg!!! :worthy::worthy: (hey, you really don't want to hear my Chicago "aCCent")

Yes! Phantom Regiment shows are like one big exercise in baby throwing!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. It's true about the SCV cymbal line.

Last year they clocked him doing a 7 minute mile going backwards with his toes to his knees. The guy who lives in the little trailer in the back of the parking lot at the hall fed him really cold milk and meaty tomatoe sauce from the Miss Amana.

Mom

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Um, I'm not sure what you mean by your emoticons, but did you misinterpret that? Because it was not meant to be sarcastic in the slightest. Charlie Poole is a great guy, and certainly a guy you'd want to have as a caption head.

Charlie Poole used to use that phrase when he taught us at 27th. He was a great guy to have as a caption head, and had some interesting and funny phrases!

Edited by RickCogley

Holy crap... I thought that phrase was just something one of our marching band staff members came up with off the top of his head hahaha. My freshman year at championships before we went on he was like "I want you to blow their faces off, get them so into the show that they... I dunno, start throwing babies at you or something."

Well, it's present in at least one NJ band, I can tell you that hahahaha.

arizona, florida gets another vote for the babies.

i've also heard a variation that our staff members called the "panty raid" -- that we'd be so amazing that the girls would take off their panties right there in the stands and toss them on the field as a token :worthy:

clearly, this wasn't as effective of a motivator for me as it was for the guys b**bs

Along the topic of babies in drum corps (not necessarily throwing them)...

Scott Stewart's idea behind the general flow of the 1995 Madison Scouts show had to do with babies:

The opener (El Toro Caliente) is to make the babies cry.

The ballad (Concierto De Aranjuez) is to make the babies stop crying.

The drum feature (La Danza Pasillo) is to make the babies dance in the aisles.

The closer (Malaga) is to blow the babies over the top of the stands.

Um, I'm not sure what you mean by your emoticons, but did you misinterpret that? Because it was not meant to be sarcastic in the slightest. Charlie Poole is a great guy, and certainly a guy you'd want to have as a caption head.

I added the above for a few reasons: 1. I've seen Charlie make all of these faces; 2) I am so old-we called him the drum instructor and not the "caption head"; 3) Reasons that should not be spoken of...it was a long time ago! However he was the caption head when you marched.....and when I marched, we just never used that term I guess.

No I was being sarcastic, not you!

But you said it, what a person, what an instructor and what a friend!