DCI Finals Rotation

DCI Finals Rotation  

197 members have voted

1. 1. DCI Finals Rotation - Where should it go?

• Madison
    • Denver
    • Buffalo
    • Orlando
    • California
    • Texas
    • Tennessee
    • Other

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but finals should NEVER EVER be held in Orland again! It rains every single day in August in Florida. Too risky. Dealing with the delays was annoying enough in 03. Thank god nothing was cancelled.

Buffalo, Madison, Denver, and Boston are all great in my opinion! But you know what would be great for something new? We should have finals in Cleveland!! It's a fairly central location for a lot of corps, and the Cleveland Browns stadium is BEAUTIFUL!!! It's not too hard to get around in Cleveland and the parking situation would be easier than some other cities. The downside is that the public transportation is so much less reliable than other major cities, but Cleveland really isn't that big. It's not as major a metropolis.

Of course I'm biased because I live in Cleveland! But hey, I know it would be great! What is better than a view of Lake Erie while watching drum corps? Ok, the mountains in Denver might be a little bit better, but still! :P

Edited by ekleve

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is better than a view of Lake Erie while watching drum corps?

Not smelling Lake Erie while watching drum corps.

Man, The Coliseum in Nashville would be the absolute best place. There are so many schools and universities that could house the different corps and the local economy could support the mass influx of fans. So many hotels and restaurants and actual things to do during the off-time. It's a wonder that the home of country music hasn't been thought of in a more serious capacity. It's good to see some lobbying for it though

rotations dont work. stadiums always find issues, or in some cases, cant be used.

I know Nashville was on the list at one time.....don't know if they are still considering it. I think Charlotte, NC would be a nice drum corps venue. Folks there love drum corps.....just ask any drum corps that has spent a day there.

I think it should be in Madison every year and since Madison is sort of in the middle of the U.S. the last 2 Big D1 Reg. should rotate...

Maybe having a Reg. in San Diego then Denver and Madison for finals or Foxboro then Indy and then Madison. I think that would be pretty awesome.

CANADA!!!!!!!! :worthy: make it truly international

We can dream!

My votes are:

Madison

North or South Carolina

Buffalo

Foxborough (If they can do something about the parking prices)

& every fifth year California (San Francisco or San Diego)

Denver would be my alternate.

I guess the rotation is cool, but Cincinnati needs to be added ASAP!

I can certianly vouch for both Nippert Stadium and Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati Both stadiums have FieldTurf which means no grass will be damaged. Nippert Stadium (Univ. of Cincinnati) would be a great site for Division II and III with wonderful facilities for warmups housing, etc. Paul Brown Stadium (home of the Bengals) has very high stands and the newest/nicest amenities. Parking is cheap in Cincinnati and there is plenty of places to park as well. Please take a look at the pictures, as well as the link provided!

nippertWeb.jpgpbs040928.jpg

Madison

Denver (very pleasant)

Buffalo (if its not as hot as it was last time)

Cali (give the West Coast there turn)

Finals in Orlando would be an awful thing. That was probably the worst drum corps experience of my life. Having fire ants crawl up your leg during rehearsal blows. And it's just gross there.