DCI Finals Rotation

DCI Finals Rotation  

197 members have voted

1. 1. DCI Finals Rotation - Where should it go?

• Madison
    • Denver
    • Buffalo
    • Orlando
    • California
    • Texas
    • Tennessee
    • Other

Keep FOXBORO Mass in there, I loved Gillette Stadium.

Close to home too!!

FOXBORO, MA

BUFFALO, NY

MADISON, WI

L.A...OLYMPIC STADIUM?

DENVER

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, DCI needs to bring finals to Memorial Stadium in Bloomington. The site used to have shows back in the day, so we know that it's worked before. I think it would be great to have an open-air show in Indiana, especially with that wall of stands. There wouldn't be a bad seat in the house.

Yes yes yes yes yes! Memorial Stadium would be an excellent choice... Acoustics are excellent; as a judge, you can hear a pin drop. Playing there feels like you have your pants around your legs... The audience is right on top of the field, and logistically, the IU facility there is perfect... huge parking lot... indoor field house next to the stadium for any "just in case". I definatley think that it's worth looking at...

Just curious ... who else out there, while watching a college or pro football game or highlights, always looks at the stadium and thinks "that'd be a great place for a drum corps show!"???

Me -- every single time.

- R -

Heh, absolutely. Drove by the stadium where the Titans play in Nashville, and my first thought was "wow, that'd be a great place to watch a drum corps show."

Why does it have to be in particular cities? Why not a regional rotation with the participating city being announced two/three years ahead of time, ala the super bowl:

4 Regions: North, South, Central, West

Example

OR

5 Regions: Northeast, Southeast, Central, Southwest, Pacific

Example

Personally, I would go for the 5 region, because it makes for simple math (i.e. 2 shows for each region every decade).

Interesting post and I think the more cities that get a chance to host finals only helps the activity. However if you're going to make a statement that hosting finals in Denver will satisfy us west coast fans, then we may as well hold finals in KC every year and that should be enough to satisfy east coast fans right? It's almost the same distance from SF to Denver 1,267 miles as it is from NY to KC! IF DCI really wants to help corps cut travel costs they should hold finals in the most central location as possible every year, and rotate to a "coastal" location every 4 or five years.

My 2 cents

I like having the rotation idea. Would be benificial to those smaller corps as well B)

My vote would be:

Madison

Denver

Foxboro

Somewhere in California

And then every 5th year, we

could go to Hawaii! b**bs

Edited by madalumni