New corps needs your help!

Oh wow, good luck guys! I'm from the Reading area (Robesonia, you've never heard of it), and I'm so happy to see another PA junior corps out there, especially after we lost LVK last season.

Believe it or not, I know where Robesonia is. (My husband and I marched Bucs. him for 9, me for 3) Thanks again for all the kind remarks. Especially Jeff! All you locals (yokals to York Countians) are welcome to help. We really could use the extra ideas at meetings, cooking, etc. Don't be a stranger. We are a little crazy to do this, but any help will make us better.

Here's a random request.

A truck is available to us for FREE from New Jersey. The catch is that we either have to get it towed here, or put a bunch of money into the registration/insurance, etc to get it back here. So a "free" truck quickly costs over $500. We have to save money we have for the season start-ups. I don't want to pass up this possibility. Anyone who has any ideas on how to get this beast back here, I would really like to talk to you. The truck will be used as storage until we make a few fixes to it so that it will pass inspections. Plus it also has a bunch of drums, etc that we could use.

Thanks,

Chalet

717-235-2686

Oh wow, good luck guys! I'm from the Reading area (Robesonia, you've never heard of it), and I'm so happy to see another PA junior corps out there, especially after we lost LVK last season.

Robesonia is where SCV practiced Sheherezade for a week before Allentown and I am the one that yelled "VANGUARD" during their run through (it was at the right moment). I am from Reinholds, just on the other side of South Mountain. I have only lived here for about 4 years, but I have been told "Legs and Eggs" at the Station used to be pretty well known a while back.

Robesonia is where SCV practiced Sheherezade for a week before Allentown and I am the one that yelled "VANGUARD" during their run through (it was at the right moment). I am from Reinholds, just on the other side of South Mountain. I have only lived here for about 4 years, but I have been told "Legs and Eggs" at the Station used to be pretty well known a while back.

Wow, someone from Reinholds on here? Who'd have thought? I guess I should figure, with Buccs being right down the road.

It's a shame I missed your "VANGUARD!" I had just moved in for tour SCV's first day in at CW (but I helped set-up that morning anyway; what a way to start tour).

Believe it or not, I know where Robesonia is. (My husband and I marched Bucs. him for 9, me for 3) Thanks again for all the kind remarks. Especially Jeff! All you locals (yokals to York Countians) are welcome to help. We really could use the extra ideas at meetings, cooking, etc. Don't be a stranger. We are a little crazy to do this, but any help will make us better.

Here's a random request.

A truck is available to us for FREE from New Jersey. The catch is that we either have to get it towed here, or put a bunch of money into the registration/insurance, etc to get it back here. So a "free" truck quickly costs over $500. We have to save money we have for the season start-ups. I don't want to pass up this possibility. Anyone who has any ideas on how to get this beast back here, I would really like to talk to you. The truck will be used as storage until we make a few fixes to it so that it will pass inspections. Plus it also has a bunch of drums, etc that we could use.

Thanks,

Chalet

717-235-2686

this area needs a corps. any corps.

Well, the good news is word of Renaissance has already hit the Dallastown guard. Some of them might be interested. Do you guys have any promotional materials yet?

drop a note to the neighbors....YEA org (Cadets and Crossmen orgs) are located in Allentown, Pa (they moved just this year)....they would be very enthusiastic about helping up and coming corps and probably have a good contact line into used equipment, etc.

i tried looking on the website, it doesnt really work properly. let me know if you need a good web designer or a very experienced percussion arranger/instructor.

Edited by DaKman

Cool deal about Dtown guard. I talked to their instructors at the CD show a few weeks back. I gave some brochures to the director. I also sent some in the mail last week.

The website "tragedy" is being addressed. A web designer I never have been. lol. We are fine on battery percussion, I think he might want a tech or 2 more. We do need a pit instructor. All of our positions are volunteer at this point until the corps is more solid.

We also need brass staff. I have a tech for the winter, but I need a caption head and a few more techs.

All interested parties should email me with their credentials and what they are interested in. We rehearse on Saturday's 2 times a month in the winter and then Sat/Sun when we get outside. Local is better...

We are also interested in finding any key 3 valve horns that we can borrow or rent (rent to own would be great). We only need 5 mellos, 5 baris and 2 tubas at this point. Any info, please contact me at the addy below.

email addy is director@renaissancedbc.org

Thanks,

Chalet