Amps Can Replace Humans

Your research showed the pit size did decrease...whether due to amps or not how could you even know?

MHO is that I don't want to see them decrease...I don't care what anyone else says. It's MHO.

BTW...do you have a link to a place where 'they' said pits will decrease in size?

Mike

it was in george's original proposal, cupled with the savings due to less mallet keyboards needing to be purchased. I don't have the link to his speech anymore, i deleted when i gave up purge dieting

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, I think you have totally either misrepresented any actual quote, or blown a quote completely out of proportion. No surprise there. I can't recall any DCI corps director or official citing that "the size of the pit will definitely decrease" as a major selling point for this proposal. I checked RAMD and couldn't find anything either.

Now if a corps director used it as a hypothetical example of what COULD happen, and mentioned it here on DCP or something, I can totally see how someone like you would grab onto that and hammer it home over and over and over again. But it's still just discussion of a situation where the size of the pit COULD decrease, not that it definitely WILL.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't your own "research" shown that the actual size of the pit HAS, in fact, decreased?? It may be by only one, but one less than whatever it was is still LESS. In three or four years, perhaps it will be two less. Maybe three. Maybe nothing will happen at all. I don't know the future, just like you don't know and even George doesn't know. We can make guesses based on our experience. We can even talk about what we think MAY happen.

That is, of course, until someone takes that quote, blows it completely out of proportion again and again and again, and there you have it: daily life on DCP.

And I may be wrong on this, but in 2004, for the first time since Hopkins became director of the Cadets, he did not have to replace his mallet keyboards mid-season.

In reponse to the original post.....no.