Junior/Senior Corps Announcements discussion.

gdisney

The issue is not about "finding stuff". It's about clogging up discussion forums with announcements.

Thanks.

But if the announcements are going to still be allowed on the general page, and you want those announcements also listed on the discussion pages, how does this reduce clutter? You STILL have discussion forums being clogged up with announcements, and NOW you have a second page of announcements in the general forum.........not only is it redundant, it does EXACTLY what you just implied it is supposed to eleviate..........

Additionally, everyone knows that when an announcement is made, it's the first post of the new thread, and every post after that is discussion of it....it you don't care about the discussion, then you stop reading after the announcement, and yet, if you do want to read the discussion, you now have to go elsewhere.....this makes NO SENSE and should definately be reconsidered by the moderators.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One last thought, you made the post I quote below however it seems that with how fast this thread grew and many peoples dissatisfaction with your decision, it appears that this decision was made to benefit "the needs of the few" (DCP staff) not the needs of the many.

Once again, your house, your rules. I am just trying to make a suggestion to help satisfy everyone.

:beer::beer::beer::blink::blink::beer::beer::blink:

On the other side of that fence, the decision was made DUE to member complaints. I'm sorry if you think that decisions such as this are "knee jerk". Fact of the matter is, they aren't.

I'm curious, with all the complaints about the NEW process, have they outweighed the comaplints about the OLD process yet????

ok i'll chime in here, as I complained.

the casual reader does not care to see a thread about "so and so corps announcements" that is one post announcing, 2-3 pages discussing announcement, and then 10-25 pages discussin weather, beer, what your band scored last week, remember that rainy day in july, i think we should play this, i cant believe that we did that, etc etc.

that stuff...which is, IMO what the overwhelming majority of the "announcement" threads have become. I'll name names if people wish ( corps threads not posters), but it's out there for all to see. If i am not the diehard I am, after 2 pages of discussion, i am bored when the non pertinent info comes up.

after 3/4 threads, i am going elsehwere on dcp or online.

####, i AM a diehard and i do that.

I know many people who read DCP, don't post ever, and feel this same way. In fact, one in particular continues to go on how the DCA forum has several pages of how so and so's band did. why?

cause, in their mind, what's what MBP is for.

Now, I am not saying the DCA forum is solely for announcements, predictions threads, and #####ing about where finals is, or where it should be.

but we all need to remember that all of us super vocal posters are really a minority when it comes to the total number of eyes reading DCP on a daily basis, and it is these folks who feel that a lot of this tuff is un needed clutter, and which is what the clubhouses were created for.

i am sure i am an ######## to many for saying this, but it is the truth. people really do not care to see the stuff i mentioned above.

And to that I say, read the announcement, and then move along if you don't want to read the clutter that follows...... The clutter doesn't take up any more room on the front page of the forum than the announcement does.....The thread title takes up the same amount of space on the front page of the forum (a "table of contents" if you will) whether is has one post wth an announcement or 1 post with an announcement followed yb 800 pages of off topic discussion. The point is, if the announcement is there, that's where the discussion about it should be as well......if/when it goes off topic, then you simply stop reading once you are no longer interested.

ok i'll chime in here, as I complained.

the casual reader does not care to see a thread about "so and so corps announcements" that is one post announcing, 2-3 pages discussing announcement, and then 10-25 pages discussin weather, beer, what your band scored last week, remember that rainy day in july, i think we should play this, i cant believe that we did that, etc etc.

that stuff...which is, IMO what the overwhelming majority of the "announcement" threads have become. I'll name names if people wish ( corps threads not posters), but it's out there for all to see. If i am not the diehard I am, after 2 pages of discussion, i am bored when the non pertinent info comes up.

after 3/4 threads, i am going elsehwere on dcp or online.

####, i AM a diehard and i do that.

I guess my question to that is ok.

The annoucement is always at the top. If someone doesn't want to read the rest of the thread, then don't . . . no big deal.

I just see annoucements falling off to the bottom alot and no one ever seeing them because there is only going to be one post annoucements. The clubhouses will become just a duplicate of everything plus discussions . . . so whats the point of having 2?

So, unless I am reading this wrong, THe senior corps annoucnements page should be full of threads that are ONE post long.....the original announcement....and yet, every single thread on that page has multiple posts becuase each one includes discussion...........Am I wrong????

Empire Statesmen Staff Announcement unless I miss my guess, this should be a one post thread, closed, with a link to the same post in their clubhouse...no??????

to the renagades I'm guessing this should actually be in the Renegades clubhouse, since it's technically not even an announcement

Bridgemen need Contra players!!! one post with a link to the clubhouse, right? yet there are 123 posts of "discussion" here....Hmmmmmm

River City Regiment Should this also be a one post thread with a link?

2006 Bridgemen staff additions ohhhh...those sneaky bridgemen have TWO threads now!!!! VIOLATION VIOLATION!!!!!!! WHOOOOOP!!!! RED ALERT!!!!!! THeir second post might have bumped off ABC Drums Corps, ONLY recruiting post to page two where no one will ever seeit, thus ensuring that ABC Corps will not recruit members and will fail as an organization!!!!!!

Mon Valley Express one announcement and 142 discussions...hmmmmm

Syracuse Brigadiers 2006 same comments as most of the above.......

Poll: Bushwackers 2006 Repertoire OOOOOHhhhh...a Poll...now surely that violates some guideline because it probablybelongs in their club house forum. After all, I came here to read about GENERAL senior corps issues, not anything about their ONE corps.......

DCA fans by state oh my...something that actually BELONGS here according to the new rules......well how did THIS happen?!?!?!?!?

And so on and so on and so forth...I think I've made my point

...................THe senior corps annoucnements page should be full of threads that are ONE post long.....

Actually there is no senior corps "announcement" page. it is called "DCA & Alumni Corps Discussions". I suggested an announcement sub-forum specifically for announcements(See it here). Some people have posted agreeing with that idea, but there has been no comment from the "Customer Service Center".

Edited by MiniSopGuy

Actually there is no senior corps "announcement" page. it is called "DCA & Alumni Corps Discussions". I suggested an announcement sub-forum specifically for announcements(See it here). Some people have posted agreeing with that idea, but there has been no comment from the "Customer Service Center".

This situation is being discussed.

Thanks for your patience.

Resolution has been reached, the change is taking place currently. It would be appreciated if all members can be patient will the change(s) is made.

Thanks in advance.

Topic Closed.

So now that we can't post information about our corps here, reviews here, any sort of corps history, anything off topic or even anything debatible here, what can we post on here?