Junior/Senior Corps Announcements discussion.

gdisney

Since my last suggestion got read over, I will make another.

Under the heading of "Senior (DCA) & Alumni Discussions" You have 3 sub categories; "DCA & Alumni Corps Discussion", "Senior (DCA) & Alumni Corps Show & Event Reviews", and "Senior (DCA) & Alumni Clubhouse Forums". How about adding a 4th for "DCA & Alumni Corps Announcements".

Then you would have the "discussion" forum for general banter, "reviews" for just that, "Clubhouse" for whatever they are for (corps specific bantering I guess) and "Announcements" for staff, open house, and other GENERAL individual corps announcements that you want to make easy to find.

Then when someone wants to see specifically what is coming up with any corps, they can go to "announcements" rather than have to navigate every corps individual clubhouse. It is set up like this over at colorguardplanet.com It is not that hard to add a sub category.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A fourth category for specific corps annoucements would be a great idea, as opposed burying it in the no-mans land of community forums. We use ours a lot, but do not see much going on in most of the other corps threads.

Kudos to the poster coming up with this alternative.

The question is, would the admins consider this a more reasonable means of clutter management, or stick with their devised plan?

I'd also like to ask that those posting announcements specific to a corps (staff, show info, rehearsals) take a few extra seconds to send that announcement to the DCP News staff. You can use the editor@dcpnews.com e-mail address to ensure that your announcement is posted on the DCP News page (http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com) as quickly as possible. This will not only ensure that DCP forum readers/posters see your news but also drum corps fans who only peruse the news portion of DCP.

Under the heading of "Senior (DCA) & Alumni Discussions" You have 3 sub categories; "DCA & Alumni Corps Discussion", "Senior (DCA) & Alumni Corps Show & Event Reviews", and "Senior (DCA) & Alumni Clubhouse Forums". How about adding a 4th for "DCA & Alumni Corps Announcements".

Then you would have the "discussion" forum for general banter, "reviews" for just that, "Clubhouse" for whatever they are for (corps specific bantering I guess) and "Announcements" for staff, open house, and other GENERAL individual corps announcements that you want to make easy to find.

Then when someone wants to see specifically what is coming up with any corps, they can go to "announcements" rather than have to navigate every corps individual clubhouse. It is set up like this over at colorguardplanet.com It is not that hard to add a sub category.

As a frequent user of DCP and a supporting donor, I vote for this.

Topic continued here.

Reading through this whole thread I've noticed that everyone except the admins so far have the same opinion. I would really like to see one of the people that put in a complaint post a reason why to try to give some validity to what the admins are saying. Personally, I don't really have an opinion but I just want to see the other side of the argument from some members instead of the moderating team.

ok i'll chime in here, as I complained.

the casual reader does not care to see a thread about "so and so corps announcements" that is one post announcing, 2-3 pages discussing announcement, and then 10-25 pages discussin weather, beer, what your band scored last week, remember that rainy day in july, i think we should play this, i cant believe that we did that, etc etc.

that stuff...which is, IMO what the overwhelming majority of the "announcement" threads have become. I'll name names if people wish ( corps threads not posters), but it's out there for all to see. If i am not the diehard I am, after 2 pages of discussion, i am bored when the non pertinent info comes up.

after 3/4 threads, i am going elsehwere on dcp or online.

####, i AM a diehard and i do that.

I know many people who read DCP, don't post ever, and feel this same way. In fact, one in particular continues to go on how the DCA forum has several pages of how so and so's band did. why?

cause, in their mind, what's what MBP is for.

Now, I am not saying the DCA forum is solely for announcements, predictions threads, and #####ing about where finals is, or where it should be.

but we all need to remember that all of us super vocal posters are really a minority when it comes to the total number of eyes reading DCP on a daily basis, and it is these folks who feel that a lot of this tuff is un needed clutter, and which is what the clubhouses were created for.

i am sure i am an ######## to many for saying this, but it is the truth. people really do not care to see the stuff i mentioned above.

what's the difference between the general banter and the clubhouse?

really except for show scores posts and #####ing about finals locale, what's left that isn't clubhouse material?

ok i'll chime in here, as I complained.

the casual reader does not care to see a thread about "so and so corps announcements" that is one post announcing, 2-3 pages discussing announcement, and then 10-25 pages discussin weather, beer, what your band scored last week, remember that rainy day in july, i think we should play this, i cant believe that we did that, etc etc.

that stuff...which is, IMO what the overwhelming majority of the "announcement" threads have become. I'll name names if people wish ( corps threads not posters), but it's out there for all to see. If i am not the diehard I am, after 2 pages of discussion, i am bored when the non pertinent info comes up.

after 3/4 threads, i am going elsehwere on dcp or online.

####, i AM a diehard and i do that.

I know many people who read DCP, don't post ever, and feel this same way. In fact, one in particular continues to go on how the DCA forum has several pages of how so and so's band did. why?

cause, in their mind, what's what MBP is for.

Now, I am not saying the DCA forum is solely for announcements, predictions threads, and #####ing about where finals is, or where it should be.

but we all need to remember that all of us super vocal posters are really a minority when it comes to the total number of eyes reading DCP on a daily basis, and it is these folks who feel that a lot of this tuff is un needed clutter, and which is what the clubhouses were created for.

i am sure i am an ######## to many for saying this, but it is the truth. people really do not care to see the stuff i mentioned above.

Well, let them speak for themselves. It's their loss if the don't voice their opinion.

Just like voting. If you don't vote, don't complain about the results.

actually as it seems to have been mentioned by the admin team, they HAVE spoken to the admins.

i know i have complained, but i also know i am FAR from the only voice that has. Just because you do not see the complaints does not mean they do not happen.

or worse, they stopped reading DCP all together.