Clarification of changes.

My complaint was that a moderator used his position as a moderator to give his personal opinion of a post whilst closing it. I felt that was unprofessional behavior. I did not personally attack the moderator ina nd of HIMSELF. I suggested that his behavior was unprofessional. (incidentallyk other moderators agreed.) The response I got from this soooper professional moderator: "If you don't like it, leave. You won't see me losing any sleep over it."

Super cool professionalism.

kinda like the poster that said if people didnt like the material they didnt have to read DCP.

great way to make people feel welcome.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liz - I understand what you're saying. What I'm saying is that maybe that rule/policy/guideline/whatever should be changed. If a change is going to be made to a forum, ask for input, get people involved in the process. Help people get on board with those changes instead of alienating them by implementing the change without discussion.

:)

the problem is by asking for input, if group a doesnt like the idea group b came up with and it gets implemented, we have war.

see dcp since 2002 for numerous examples.

face it the folks running this place are usually smart enough to realize if a change doesnt work, and they fix it.

and if they dont, wwIII breaks out, people get suspended and we move on

you mean, ask the customers what they think about they product you intend to sell to them, thus taking their opinion into account and making it more desireable for them to buy it????!?!??! HOGWASH!!!!!

That kind of thinking will NEVER work!!!! If you give the customers (DCP users) what they want, they might actually ENJOY using the product (DCP) more, and before you know it, will be telling friends about it and then thee will be MORE customers buying it and ..............wait a minute...I had a point here somewhere............

:P

seems to me DCP users DID tell the admins what they wanted, hence the change.

shockingly logical i know

Ok so if we now have an announcements only forum how is that going to be moderated? If the corps makes an announcement then shouldn't that be the only thing posted? Shouldn't it be locked after? Because of this brilliant (*ahem* lack thereof) theory people will continue to post in announcements. It's just going to happen. What are you going to do then? Start moving and deleting corps announcements such as displayed today?

Also does this have anything to do with Jeff's posts in each corps announcements? I thought it was quite rude of him to do so when he has absolutely zero right. Then after seeing his posts today all of a sudden things change. Hmmm weird...

oh yeah this was all me. i am so ####### powerful i make DCP change on my whim.

dude if you knew how much i've #####ed about #### in this place since day 1, your head would explode.

i'll gladly accept your apology.

and those posts? it's cause i was sick of reading 20 pages of ######## to find one kernel of news i could use to help promote your (plural your) corps.

Just a question not sure if anyone asked or suggested first.. But... Can the "Sr corps Annoncements" forumn Be first before the reviews and discussions so that people unfamiliar with the boards go there first for their announcements...

That's the plan for sure. It will be implemented soon.

oh yeah this was all me. i am so ####### powerful i make DCP change on my whim.

dude if you knew how much i've #####ed about #### in this place since day 1, your head would explode.

i'll gladly accept your apology.

and those posts? it's cause i was sick of reading 20 pages of ######## to find one kernel of news i could use to help promote your (plural your) corps.

Well, not to defend the 20 pages of BS, but you shouldn't have to scour those to find news anyway. More corps should be sending more stuff directly to you. (And yes, that includes mine too)

i wont disagree with you there, but then if they did i wouldn't have to beg like a French hooker every month

yeah sure :)

service with a smile b**bs

Please do that while wearing a tight nurse outfite next time.

Why is everyone so cranky over a simple change. Come on over to my cellar have some good wine (no whining) and chill.