The official "Who is that soloist?" topic?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be John Hartwick and Tim Meehan on soprano with Jim Rogers on bari. Nathan Moore played soprano also and he was the guy playing the backfield/lip trill part.

Jim was one of the most phenomenal players I have ever heard. I believe that he finished 2nd at I&E two years in a row.

Tim was awesome. He's exactly the kind of guy that you want to march with.

Carlito

I thought Roland did some high note stuff that year.

The Soprano soloist in the Take 5 Duet from Bluecoats 1988 went on to play professionally with the 'Blue's other Brothers' and then did a long stint on some cruise ships.

04 BD was Scott Dean and Ryan Darke. I go to school with Ryan down here at CSULB...amazing trumpet player.

I hope Ryan didnt tell you that. Ryan didnt solo in 04.

04 was Scott Dean and Scott Whitford.

05 was Scott Dean and Scott Whitford again. Ryan had a small solo for a couple bars in the 05 show. you may be thinking of that.

yeah, i kinda thought that both of BD's soloists from 04 and 05 had the same first name... i guess i was right. who played the trumpet solo in take five in 03 (before one of the scotts came in on the high note)?

he's officially my hero now.... well, actually... he's been my hero for quite some time, but now i really know who he is... i always idolized those soloists in 93 and 94 - it's good to know that they're one and the same.

Jim is such a great guy. That guy can really play. He didn't march in 95 but was on staff at Vanguard and then went back to play lead sop in 96. He's been on staff at Vanguard since then during the 04 and 05 seasons. A very cool guy with a great approach to teaching in my opinion.

i love the G-men soloist from 01 and 02.

also, i really enjoyed the bari soloist in the bluecoats show this year. really good.

Kevin Creasy, trumpet/flug. I think he is in the Marine Corps playing trumpet:

http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/image1.nsf/...35?opendocument

Edited by hsreed

Anyone know what happened to the Bridgemen sop soloist in 1977, Jim Brady(I'm pretty sure that's his name)?

Till this day, I get the chills hearing him on Pagliachi (I mangled that spelling I'm sure) and Land of Make Believe?

Did he go pro cause man this guy could play and he had Maynard's range.

Another soloist a little more recently is the soprano player from 1998 East Coast Jazz. This guy played some tasty licks. Any word on him either.

Jim actually went on to play percussion! I guess when you get that good you get bored or something...