Which Shows

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, SCV 2000 could give Phantom 2003 a run for their money.

As could Madison 1995.

I think the two title shows from 2000 will be talked about, mainly for being the last tie at the top ever in DCI, and such a controversy is sure to keep tongues wagging.

Similarly, I think Crown and Boston in '04 will both be talked about for many years to come, especially Crown - who both placed higher and had a more extensive use of voice. Good or bad, we'll talk about these corps the same way we still talk about the corps that first used asymmetrical drill.

Cavaliers '02 will get talked about, probably moreso than Cadets '05, if only because they broke 99 first. But they'll also be mentioned for one of the best hornlines ever and one of the most exciting visual programs ever. Not to mention the influence that Fight Club had on body movement in the past few years, as well.

And last, I think Phantom in '03 and '05, as well as SCV '04, will get talked about plenty. If nothing else, those shows are the darlings of DCP, and if DCP is around in 20 years, then picking those shows is obvious.

Two shows that I can't say if everyone will be talking about are SCV '00 and Bluecoats '05, but those are certainly two of my favorite shows from the past six years. :)

Cloudfuel said:

"Cadets 2000, We are the Future is yet another amazing show that saw a tie with yet another amazing show, but while I don't put Niagara Falls on this list (and it kills me to not do so) this one definitely makes the it. This show was all about original music, something that, up until 2000, was not very common. The Cadets made the music come alive and marched with intense ferocity and amazing speeds to pulse this show up into legend status."

Not to be nit-picky, but wasn't Cadets 2000 show based on music John Williams had written for Walt Disney's anniversary or something like that?

Edited by t-mac

The track I have credits a guy called Gavin Greenaway, not John Williams, but the rest is certainly true. The title of the track is Reflections of Earth, and as I hear it was played for Disney's Millenium Celebration at Epcot. You could argue that Cadets made it original by arranging it for the field, but corps had been doing that for year; in fact Cavaliers did much the same thing, playing a version of Niagara Falls that barely resembled the original.

Not to be nit-picky, but wasn't Cadets 2000 show based on music John Williams had written for Walt Disney's anniversary or something like that?
The track I have credits a guy called Gavin Greenaway, not John Williams, but the rest is certainly true. The title of the track is Reflections of Earth, and as I hear it was played for Disney's Millenium Celebration at Epcot. You could argue that Cadets made it original by arranging it for the field, but corps had been doing that for year; in fact Cavaliers did much the same thing, playing a version of Niagara Falls that barely resembled the original.

Yeah, I've been to Epcot twice, they actually still show the fireworks show down there(even though the new millenium passed like 5 years ago). While Epcot is probably the most boring part of Disney(next to MGM...), the fireworks show is the most insane fireworks show you'll ever see.

Epcot is laid out around a lake, and sites representing different countries are all around it. The entire fireworks show is shot off in the lake, and speakers all around the park play the Millenium Celebration tunes while it's going on. You actually almost get hit by some if you sit too close to the lake :worthy:

Plus, the music was recognizable to me, so it made it even cooler.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

Cadets 2000

Blue Devils 2000

Phantom 2005

Cadets 2005