(High School) Drum and Bugle Corps wins big

But what if someone that doesn't know what DCI is reads the article? They might think that drum corps is dead.

If someone is interested in drum corps, they more than likely know what DCI is, and they would know that they article was incorrect. If someone doesn't know what DCI is, then they probably couldn't care less whether drum corps is dead or not. In fact, if someone isn't interested in drum corps, they probably skipped over the article to begin with. do you read newspaper articles that do not interest you?

If someone that is so out to lunch about our activity reads it and thinks that drum corps is dead, then what harm has been done? They are not a fan and they probably would never become a fan.

Edited by ssorrell

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Anyone know if North Point HS Drum Corps (subject of this older thread) is going to be at the Apple Blossom Festival this weekend at Winchester, VA??????

Should have asked this a lot earlier but totally forgot.

If so, I'd like to meet some of the corps members and sure I'm not the only one. I'll be with the green colored Lancers and Shenandoah Sound should be there also.

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

Anyone know if North Point HS Drum Corps (subject of this older thread) is going to be at the Apple Blossom Festival this weekend at Winchester, VA??????

Should have asked this a lot earlier but totally forgot.

If so, I'd like to meet some of the corps members and sure I'm not the only one. I'll be with the green colored Lancers and Shenandoah Sound should be there also.

It is North Port HS and yes they will be at the Apple Blossom Festival. Actually, they are up there right now!

Shane

It is North Port HS and yes they will be at the Apple Blossom Festival. Actually, they are up there right now!

Shane

Thanks Shane, I figured they were either in the Washington, DC area or on the way so no sense PM'ing the members who posted here.

The parade is huge so have no idea if we will be anywhere near them in the staging ares.

The Corps will be taking 100 people on the trip, and needs between $80,000-$100,000 to pay for everyone. The group has been working hard to raise money, selling everything from frozen food to Tupperware to glow sticks for Halloween.

thats one expensive trip

Edited by GaladrimQueen

• 3 weeks later...

Shane

Yell out to Shane or any member of North Port HS Drum Corps. Didn't get to see the group at Winchester, VA and seeing if anyone is willing to post their thoughts. Also trying to figure out where the group was in the parade. Hope it was a safe and fun trip up north.

Yell out to Shane or any member of North Port HS Drum Corps. Didn't get to see the group at Winchester, VA and seeing if anyone is willing to post their thoughts. Also trying to figure out where the group was in the parade. Hope it was a safe and fun trip up north.

Hey!

They made the trip, but it turns our that there were two parades...one on Friday and one on Saturday. They were in the one on Friday and I think you were in the Saturday parade.

The wind ensemble and jazz band also made the trip up. Wind ensemble received first place in their division, jazz band received first place in their division, and the drum corps came in second in the parade.

The kids had a great time! They visited Arlington, and all of the spots around DC. It was trip they won't soon forget.

Shane

Hey Shane, just checking if you got my e-mail about trying to start a corps at my high school, and asking if theres any advice that you might wanna share, incase some other people get the idea goin at their school.

Hey!

They made the trip, but it turns our that there were two parades...one on Friday and one on Saturday. They were in the one on Friday and I think you were in the Saturday parade.

The wind ensemble and jazz band also made the trip up. Wind ensemble received first place in their division, jazz band received first place in their division, and the drum corps came in second in the parade.

The kids had a great time! They visited Arlington, and all of the spots around DC. It was trip they won't soon forget.

Shane

Cool, the Friday gig is the Firefighters parade which lasts a few hours like the Saturday parade Hanover and ShenSound were at. This was my third trip down there and each year I learn more and more about the Festival. Didn't know there was competitions for wind and jazz groups until I read your post.