Most underrated shows?

Remember, the topic of this thread is underrated, not underscored.

Phantom '03. Underscored? Perhaps. Underrated? No.

Same for SCV '05.

P.S. I classify Phantom '03 and SCV '05 as not being underrated because I've heard a lot of praise about both of them, and I have a hard time finding people who didn't like those shows.

Edited by Penguin

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see anything in my post that asks what ANYBODY here thinks about what I put. So umm, no I actually didn't. Go back and read it. Someone else started the thread, asked for input, I gave. I didn't ask any questions of any kind in my response. Maybe you ought to go back and read it again.

after posting on here 190 times...i think you might've figured out how this process works.

1) Someone posts a topic

2) People begin responding to statement, question, etc.

3) More people react to the responses given in Step #2

[rolls eyes]

you think phantom '03 is underrated. cool. i happen to LOVE this show, too - one of my favorite shows of all time. do i think it's underrated? nope. thus my original post. just starting a discussion. this IS a "Discussion Board" afterall. weird....

now...to stay on topic....

i think cadets 99 is pretty underrated. that color guard is amazing and rarely talked about!

after posting on here 99 times and reading my responses...i think you might've figured out how this process works.

Calling me out and trying to argue about this by inferring: "No you're wrong" will not change a thing. If you haven't noticed there is no right or wrong answer to this thread. I don't hear about this show very often and I don't come here very often. Especially in the off season. Hmm.....Maybe you should look and see when I joined perhaps? Did you fail to see this? I just recently came back to these boards within the last 3 days after only coming here maybe twice since before finals. So if there is tons of praise for this show on this board, I don't see it because I'm not here very often.

[rolls eyes]

Edited by StarVoyager

1997 The Cavaliers "Firebird" - The only Cavaliers show I've liked (LOVE actually)

1998 Santa Clara Vanguard - Yeah definitely a fan of Aaron Copland.

1999 The Cadets "The Big Apple" - Some really fast tempo's going on, one of those shows that if you watch more and more, you'll like more and more

2001 The Cadets "Juxtaperformance" - Gotta admit it was great variety of selections, pretty clean to and some excellent designing

2004 Phantom Regiment - "Apasionada 874" I LOVE ASTOR PIAZZOLLA! Best arrangement ever!

Hmm...I realized today that the Cadets repeated a selection in 1999 from their 1996 show...the one at 210 beats per minute, sounds really cool. What's it called?

After all these years of listening to Cadets 96 and 99, how could I never have noticed that! AHHHH!

that is all.

Hmmm, some great shows mentioned here. I'll throw a few out there, basing my picks on shows that haven't been talked about much on here.

Blue Knights 2003 - awesome, awesome music

Bluecoats 2003 - also awesome, awesome music that builds throughout the show.

Boston 2001 - not a typical Boston show, and maybe overlooked because of it.

Cadets 2001 - a fun show and a great hornline, but for some reason it never gets mentioned.

Madison Scouts 2003 - everyone was too busy talking about regime change and new uniforms to realize that this was a great show.

Santa Clara Vanguard 1995 - maybe overshadowed in a great year for drum corps, but great music in each section of the show.

Santa Clara Vanguard 2001 - a really fun show, with the lone exception of the ballad. New Era was a blast.

Santa Clara Vanguard 2003 - gotta agree with the author of the thread. if only it had been cleaner.

There was also an Esperanza show in there that I really liked, but I can't remember the year. I'll have to go back and listen for that.