Smaller than Div III

doesn't DCM have a DIV class? I thought they did.....

In recent history, we mirrored whatever DCI had. There was some discussion a year ago about re-defining and renaming the divisions, but in the end, it was agreed to leave things alone with the same numbers/classes as DCI to remain compatible.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would have been great for us (Bandettes) last year to have another option other than be a parade corps. We were only a few members short and just couldn't find 3 or 4 more. We were ready and had a show almost learned. A Div 4 would have been perfect since we were just under 30. We could have had a quality show with the members we had. It would be wonderful if DCM could offer something like that for the many groups that are not yet big enough to make that 30 mark but can still compete.

Shara

^OO^ all in favor of Div IV, say aye! ^OO^

ALE!

wait, that's not right :music:

Aye!

smaller than D3?

how? there were a couple division 3 corps I hace name off the top of my head that had 10 hornline members on the field. How are you going to do anything with an even smaller corps?

grant it, I think they should lower the number to 25 members on the field instead of 30.

~>conner

it's possible

Marion Cadets one year had a good hornline of 5 and they did pretty well.

I think the minimum number thing is crazy either get rid of it or have a 4th division.. make things simple for alot of corps

It's my understanding the having of a minimum number of members on the field rule came from the fact sponsors of shows felt they were getting "short-changed", inasmuch they were paying for something of what may be wonderful quality, but sponsors are usually number counters, and to them more on the field means a better value. Over the years I've heard this from actual sponsors mouths.

*Character*Honor*Excellence*Tradition*

smaller than D3?

how? there were a couple division 3 corps I hace name off the top of my head that had 10 hornline members on the field. How are you going to do anything with an even smaller corps?

grant it, I think they should lower the number to 25 members on the field instead of 30.

~>conner

I think that if they feel they can field a corps, then they should be able to do it. I've heard/seen corps with 25 kids do better than corps with 50 or more. The moto used to be Quality not Quantity..... but even if they are the highest quality, corps are dropping like flies all for the sake of a few members. I thnk it is more important to keep them alive & keep the interst, then having to fold because recruiting was slow for a year or so.

Howdy!

Back in the late '80's... :drool:

Roman was rightly proud of his 24 member Pioneer...

But he erroneously stated that they were the smallest corps marching...

Since the Btaintree Braves were marching...

One (1) brass...

One (1) percussion...

One (1) guard...

And one (1) DM...

Which made Pioneer six times as large... :laugh:

'Til later... B)

Edited by GWFrog