Design contests for new corps!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

York was the official first capital of the US. The Articles of Confederation were signed here as they were fleeing Philadelphia from the British. We are also the snack food county probably of the world. (UTZ is located here as well as Martins, Gibbles, Snyders of Hanover, etc.) No wonder we are also one of the fattest counties in the country (that's sad, but true). They named Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby here. The York Fair is one of if not the oldest running fair in the country. York County is also home to Dover, home of the intelligent design stuff (I went there, but we just got Darwin back when I was in school). We are rural but close to Baltimore, Philly, DC and 3 hrs. to NYC. Bob Hoffman (weight-lifter) was from York. The rock group LIVE went to William Penn HS (York High) with my sister. I don't think we have any other famous people from around here. The York White Roses was a competing corps in the 60s and 70s.

Hope this helps with some more uni ideas.

Somehow, I missed a submitted design in my email, it has now been posted as Design 6.

http://www.renaissancedbc.com/rdbc/uniform.html

There are now 9 designs to choose from. Feel free to vote for the one you like best. If you think you can do something better, you can still submit a design to director@renaissancedbc.com.

can we whore for votes? :P

can we whore for votes?

ummm....you can do whatever you want...it's a free country (for the most part anyway). Remember we will choose the one that best suits the corps. But if you win the poll you can have bragging rights even if we don't end up picking it....lol. We have our first rehearsal next weekend. We will show the designs to the kids and the seamstresses (mainly me) to see which one we like best.

Whore away!! lol jk

Chalet

Jacket from Design #1

Pants from Design #8 (really diggin the stripe)

Gauntlets from #6 (nice gold trim)

Aussie from #8

Drum major could have exact design, but switch to all white with gold and burgandy like Sam suggested. With a white aussie donning a burgandy band and plume.

Would look very unique and crisp.