DCP for sale?

Eddie

Life without DCP is infinitely a worse option than life with DCP under the ownership of someone else.

Mike

we did that first option already. isn't that where most of us came from? :lol:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't judge me based on my Ebay rating. I have only used Ebay a few times for Detroit Pistons playoff/regular season tickets, which are all but impossible to come by in the Detroit area. I have a strong educational background in the business field and many of my friends are computer/network/website type people will a small knowledge of drum corps and marching bands. I have the financial assets to save DCP from being bought up by some "shark" out to make a quick buck. I assure you...if I am the winning bidder...you all should not be worried. :)

i'm referring to this bidder...

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...&iid=7566584253

Someone used the term "scam artist".....interesting!!! :lol:

yeah i'd be interested to see more about that transaction. or rather lack thereof, i suppose.

I'm struck by how dispassionate the announcemant and subsequent statements seem -- in a community that's passionate about drum corps and this gathering place! Would like to know what motivated this decision and actions. Is it really just "it's time to move on?" Certainly in a community this large the prospect of a sale from within and the safeguarding against aliens should have been considered. Were any of the "dedicated team of volunteers" consulted?

I certainly wasnt, and I have been a "dedicated volunteer" for almost all of the 4 years that this site has existed. I am keeping mum on this topic right now because I am so very disappointed. I feel blindsided and like I have been kicked in the stomach.

You cited "privacy concerns" and "identity theft" neither of which having any bearing in reality. The only "information" dcp has on it's members is an email address and a name - not private information such as social security numbers, credit card numbers or any other personal data needed to steal someone's identity

That said - the auction clearly states the buyer cannot resell or make public the member information we do have (name, email)

I didn't say a thing about "identity theft" I do have privacy concerns and I didn't ask for my information to be sold to the next bidder on ebay whether it is my email or other information, that is MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE, Not yours and that's why this sucks.

And the information I asked is not any of my business? Well that is a slap in the face for those whom have supported this site, and if I wanted to I could get that information..I still don't want someone to have my email and other information that I DID NOT GIVE permission to be sold on ebay, thanks for checking. This is my right to privacy not yours, and I did not REALIZE that this faith that I invested in you and your vision would turn out to be like this...You have made me lose faith. At the very least you should've consulted us and asked us the community, volunteer supporters for the first chance at this site and asked us for permission to put our information up for sale. You might not think it is anything, but it is to me. People can get things from emails and isp's.

I certainly wasnt, and I have been a "dedicated volunteer" for almost all of the 4 years that this site has existed. I am keeping mum on this topic right now because I am so very disappointed. I feel blindsided and like I have been kicked in the stomach.

That is a great description of how I feel.

That said - the auction clearly states the buyer cannot resell or make public the member information we do have (name, email)

And other than personal morals, what's to stop someone from ignoring this statement?

No matter what business was offered on the market (any market, any business), a potential purchaser should always look at financial statements, tax returns, various documents associated with the potential business, etc. and consult an attorney.

That's just a part of doing business in a professional and correct fashion.

Exactly! That is the key, a "professional" and correct fashion.