Hornlines

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely Santa Clara Vanguard 2000 The Cadets 2001, Blue Devils 2003, Phantom Regiment 2003 Blue Devils 2004, The Cadets 2005, Phantom Regiment 2005

Um...there is seriously no debate here. The question is completely objective. The 2002 Cavaliers had the best hornline of the 2000, from musical standpoint. Now, if the question were, which shows did I enjoy the most in the 2000s, I would respond Cadets 2000, 2001, 2005, Santa Clara Vanguard 2000, 2003, 2005, Carolina Crown 2003, 2004, 2005, and Phantom Regiment 2003, 2005.

Um...there is seriously no debate here. The question is completely objective. The 2002 Cavaliers had the best hornline of the 2000, from musical standpoint. Now, if the question were, which shows did I enjoy the most in the 2000s, I would respond Cadets 2000, 2001, 2005, Santa Clara Vanguard 2000, 2003, 2005, Carolina Crown 2003, 2004, 2005, and Phantom Regiment 2003, 2005.

the best musically played of the 00's? yes....

but then again... you can play mary had a little lamb very musically...

i just dont think that cavies 02 was that technically hard... they played the #### out of what they were given, but i dont feel it was hard. BD 01, now that was hard, but it didnt have the musicality or cleanliness of cavies 02

my answer is still undecided....

(bias towards phantom 00 i am)

BD 01 - was probably the cleannest show I have ever heard - absolutely phenominal. A very challenging book played very very well. (cleannest technical show)

Cavaliers - 2002...yes, its done very well, but it is what it is, a musical production that was molded to the specific abilities of each section, and designed in a way that was able to truly take advantage of the lines incredible ability to play extremely in tune. (most balanced performance)

Cadets 2000 - for me at least, this felt like the most emotional show to date, though it was not perfect, it was deifnately a great mix of difficulty and emotion (most emotional)

Phantom Regiment - yeah, really it goes without saying that I can't make an unbiased call here.

Colts 2001 - not the cleannest, not the best performance, but wow, it was a very entertaining show that grew a lot as the season progressed. A very enjoyable experience that crowds all over the country loved (I was with a corps that toured with them quite a bit).

Cavies 02. As far as I know, no member of the hornline took part in writing their own book, so the difficulty of the music and whatnot really has nothing to do with the question. They executed what they were given better than any hornline has before or since. And that extends past before the 2000s as well.