'Tis The Season

GOOD MORNING TUBA CHRISTMAS PARTICIPANTS !!!!!!!

It is 7:30 AM.....we are getting ready to head out for the concert. Our son has been warming up already and the clothing choices are red or green. With all the Thunderbird shirts I think green will be easy to pick from.

Well, we are off and can't wait to hear how Tuba Christmas was for everyone out there !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Drumcorpsbrat

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOD MORNING TUBA CHRISTMAS PARTICIPANTS !!!!!!!

It is 7:30 AM.....we are getting ready to head out for the concert. Our son has been warming up already and the clothing choices are red or green. With all the Thunderbird shirts I think green will be easy to pick from.

Well, we are off and can't wait to hear how Tuba Christmas was for everyone out there !!!!!!!!!!!

WOW :ph34r::worthy: Had a great time. Who were the several "Generations" they refered to? I thought the generations were fro R.I.. b**bs Seriously.......I really enjoyed it........AGAIN!!

Sacramento had a good turn out, about 150 players. This include one serpentine player and a guy playing a over the shoulder baritione from the 1800's. This was my first year participating and it was fun.

We didn't have a HUGE turn out here in Erie. But it was alot of fun. This is only the 3rd or 4th year that this town has been doing this.

As always the music was deep, rich and beautiful. It was so nice to watch my family having so much fun together. Can't wait for next year.

We had a good time at the TubaChristmas in Pittsburgh. Pgh Drum Corps was well represented with a few members from Steel City and me from Mon Valley. We had 60 to 70 people there. The staff people here were very happy to have us come and play. There was no problems with the fact we were playing on bugles.

Getting the music in G with 2 valve conversion from TubaDon was a GREAT help. Thanks for taking the time to do that and posting it for the rest of us Dude.

I watched Huell Hauser (sp?) last night on PBS and the show was about Tuba Christmas in Glendale at the First Baptist Church (maybe?). I saw what looked to be contras tucked way back into stage right. Was this last year or the year before?

It was a great show to see on TV, IMO.

Imga0229.jpg

Imga0221.jpg

Imga0219.jpg

Imga0217.jpg

Imga0218.jpg

Hope you enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah.......The soccer ball with a mouthpiece stuck in it was made by Tom and our son so that T.J.'s uncle could be a part of Tuba Christmas too. Since Ryan doesn't play an instrument and only knows how to play soccer they came up with the "soccerballaphonium"

Edited by Drumcorpsbrat

I watched Huell Hauser (sp?) last night on PBS and the show was about Tuba Christmas in Glendale at the First Baptist Church (maybe?). I saw what looked to be contras tucked way back into stage right. Was this last year or the year before?

It was a great show to see on TV, IMO.

It could have been either year. This year there were two contras. Last year there were 6 or 7, including one guy on a Bb. We were in about the same place (late both times).