Cadets of Bergen County

Unless you count all the members who move into NoCal from somewhere else to march with BD, then it's very local!

Do the Blue Devils still require people to live out in Concord?

I don't think they require them to live in Concord, specifically, but they do have a very early move-in -- particularly for percussion.. they like their membership to be made up of "locals" and by that, I think they mean "living locally" so they can be at all the pre-season rehearsals. I don't believe they expect all those members to be natives to NoCal.

Stef

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry, maybe not 99 percent, I know that was the time when they started winning they started to recruit outside of BC.

I do know that a few members came from the Rochester, NY because they left our corps (Renegades) after 1982. Aaron Oppenheimer, Neal Singlaub and Mike Colletti.

Not true. BD is not local at all.

I doubt that any top 12 drum corps is.

I know SCV has been very local, or at least up until 2001, which was my ageout. We only had a few non-local Euphs when I mached. I'm pretty sure this held true for the rest of the hornline as well..

Also, Spirit is very local as well. Probably more so than Vanguard.

Edited by ScvSpirit

Just thought 'd pop in. I don't really get to post much on here but, now's a good time. There is, in fact, one member of The Cadets who is from Bergen County. He's me. I do belive that I am the only one, but there is at least one who is trying out for the 2006 corps. Gotta get more of us out here!!

b**bs

Chris