Dutch Boy Announces Show Program For 2006

We still have openings in our hornline and colour guard, I'm not sure about our drum line !!

Our next camp is January 6-8th !!! For those who need directions and other details email our corps director Steve Meikle at

stevemeikle@dutchboydrumcorps.com

SOUTH PARK, don't be left out and if you are, don't BLAME CANADA !!!! :P :P b**bs b**bs

Edited by ODBC

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the soundtrack... good stuff there.

Blame Canada was nominated for a Grammy, after all.

The first time I heard it was on the 2000 Academy Awards Show, I thought what the heck is that about !!!

It was sung by Robin Williams and a cast of hundreds!! b**bs b**bs b**bs

I hadn't even heard of SOUTH PARK yet !!

But I have NOW !!!! :P B)

Am really glad to see Steve back at the helm of Dutch Boy. He was really missed last season.

Michael

Actually, SOUTH PARK was discussed as a possible show concept as far back as three years ago when both

Jason and Leigh were on our design team, unfortunately, the BoD would not give their stamp of approval.

Now that we are using SOUTH PARK as our official 2006 program, the NEW BoD is excited to see where this will take us !!!

As for an official show name is..........."Selections from SOUTH PARK - THE MOVIE!!!!!"

You never know, this may be the sleeper show of the year !!!

Edited by ODBC

As an ex-Dutch Boy staff member i had to write something. The design team and staff that dutch Boy has now is one of the best. I've had the oppurtunity to march with some of them and teach with some of them or been taught by them. If corps always kept there staff or no one left then we would still be marching in squares and carrying timpanis on the field. I personally never liked the idea of south park, BUT, I'm not a designer. Dutch Boy has always been know for being different but ALWAYS entertaining. If you have a better idea for a show then you should be a designer(not directed to anyone). Good luck Dutch and i know you will have a fandabadoozie year.

"IF IT AIN'T DUTCH, IT AINT MUCH!!"

Sheldon

The above posting is the kind of staff members that Dutch Boy have and that is total class !!! Although staff members are hired, they also like to move on from time to time and that's OK.

Like the members in our corps, they mature and move on, why not the staff too. We are not going to hold anybody back from getting better in their endevours.

Why would we ? If we did you could always "BLAME CANADA !!" LOL

Just a thought, but....

The music in the movie is ok, I guess. I liked it. I laughed. But aren't the LYRICS what really made the music effective in that context?? I'm just wondering if a drum corps playing this music alone without the lyrical content or accompanying cartoonish visuals will capture the South Park humor and concept. I mean, if someone played "Uncle F" to you without the lyrics, how much fun is it really to listen to?

Just thinking out loud. Best of luck.

Just a thought, but....

The music in the movie is ok, I guess. I liked it. I laughed. But aren't the LYRICS what really made the music effective in that context?? I'm just wondering if a drum corps playing this music alone without the lyrical content or accompanying cartoonish visuals will capture the South Park humor and concept. I mean, if someone played "Uncle F" to you without the lyrics, how much fun is it really to listen to?

Just thinking out loud. Best of luck.

We're playing the MUSIC of SOUTH PARK, no more !!!!