Favorite Closer

SCV 2001 (AMAZING chords, love everything post-New Era Chant)

That seems like a long time ago now! I remember rehearsing that ending in Pheonix in at least 300 degrees relying on adrenalin to make it through the middle of the collapsing "Y" block! Loved the horn snap to GE before the first chord and playing that leading low brass rhythm into the resolve ^0^

Some of the endings I've loved over the years:

Madison 99! Drill into the big star and then hitting the real power chord with the triplet pickup. Rewound that soooo many times.

SCV 98 - Angry Drum Corps. Love it. I think the 98 show defines the 97 - 03 Vanguard corps.

SCV 00 - What a show, what an ending. Low brass parts going into the ending block then the subtle finish, absolute class.

Star 93 - So glad they put that ending on. They didn't have it mid-season did they? Can't believe the power they put across at the end of Medea.

Cavies 95 - Jupiter into the Mars reprise with the minor chord halfway through. Brilliant percussion driving it all along.

Phantom 03 - The only time my wife has seen DCI live, we came over in 03 and she loved it, in no small part thanks to Phantom! Brilliant tag and what a sound.

Could have loads more especially from the 90's (BD 92, Scouts 92, Cadets 92/93, Cavies 92, SCV 91,92, Star 90,91... etc etc) blockbusting endings were a lot more common back then. Got to do some work though...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

89 SCV - The big flag with the mask and the trick - That was awesome!

96 Phantom - I think I wet myself knowing that night that they could have their 1st title ever!

95 & 97 Madison Scouts - WOW!

2005 Phantom - I think one of their best years ever!

95 Pioneer - Kicking butts and taking names that year

96 Nite Express - THe First Knight Show was amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

Blue Devils.....1992, 2000, 2004

Crossmen......2001

Bluecoats......2002

Madison.........1995, 1999, 2005

VK.................1992

1994 BD...trio right before the down ending

Roland absolutely laces the SUPER C!

I get up cheer & shake my head in disbeleif every single time I watch/listen to that.

and that bari fall right before the trumpets do that ascending/layering chord thing.... :blink::angry::angry::angry:

madison-95,96,97,05
Madison.........1995, 1999, 2005

Really???? Sitting there in Foxboro, as they hit their last set I was like "oh god please tell me the show's not over" and then i saw their drum major turning around and i just couldn't believe it... that ending (the whole show, really) left me so flat. the whistles were cool and all, but i'd much rather take some power chords and screaming trumpets to finish off a show (ok, so i know they hit and held that last card for pretty long... but still - the lead-up to it was pretty boring).