What would happen if...

t-mac

Being a Crown Alumni from the very days, I’m very impartial and would LOVE to see it. But DCI being DCI the only way Crown is going to finish where Cadets finished was to switch names and uni’s. Bottom line. I honestly believe the staffs and kids are all from the same mold and are all very good and the only difference is the history behind each corp!

So you're saying that Crown performed as well as the Cadets this year and just got screwed?

Break out the tinfoil hats.

Guess Santa Clara just didn't have the history to pull it off this year...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such odd threads around here lately.. :laugh:

w/Stp:

Edited by SCVsopAaron

Why were these two particular corps (Cadets and Crown) selected for a comparison? Possibly Cadets because they won, but why Crown?

Would it make more sense to ask what would have happened if Cadets and Cavies switched staff members? (Please do not misconstrue this as a slight against Crown!) At the highest level, every tenth counts, so would that be a better comparison?

Every staff and corps has a personality, strengths, and limitations. Maximize the strengths and minimize the weaknesses. Write the drill and music accordingly (along with consideration for judging criteria, audience, etc.).

Going with what Sexyguardcap wrote (which was great!), you could also use the

"You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!", "You got your peanut butter in my chocolate!" routine!

If Cadets and Cavies switched staffs... That would be one ULGY school girl!

hahaha

Basically staffs of any musical group will do what they can, it's really how the performers absorb it. Not saying thats 100%, but a good 75% is based on integrity of learning.

What would happen if...Cadets and Crown switched staff??

Two things would happen for certain: The corps staff web pages would be updated and Crown's percussion section would a get a book with an increased level of difficulty. Other than that I have no clue.

The exposure wasn't there, cause the composition value within the show wasn't there. That came from someone affiliated with highly repected source in DCI. If the composition values of the drill and music book gets bumped up, so will their score. They out performed thier show last year, plain and simple. But, you put that sound with a complex show design and then everyone will be talking about them. Trust me, I loved the show last year, even though it wasn't a top 6 show. I really thought the staff underestimated those kids and I could not believe that they did not change any of the book to add more complexity, but I guess they were committed to what it was. Be ready for them move this year, IF, they kick the design up a notch or two.

Opinions will differ..my guess is that the CC staff is in the process of develpoing shows to the level of the members, and it is progressive. My guess is that this years musical program will be progressivly more difficult then in years past. You now have a group of vets that have been under the current staff for 3 years and have developed as players accordingly.

At the risk of starting another war..kinda like Star in the late 80's early 90's..Hmmm :sshh:

At the risk of starting another war..kinda like Star in the late 80's early 90's..Hmmm :sshh:

No war to start, cause actually you are right here. A few staff have compare Crown 05 to Star 89. At least with brass. They were talking as if it were a trade off..... 89 star had a harder book, but crown 05 was performed at a higher level. We shall see where they go this year. BUT, I want to see what Blue Stars are going to do since Donnie VanDorren will be there and Crown.