Parking Lot Drum Line Battles

Am I the only one that finds this to be really cheesy and lame?

Possibly.

My college drum line has done this before and I couldn't help but be extremely embarrassed about the entire situation and how unbelievably "bando" it was, thankful that I play trumpet or I would have probably quit before doing something like that.

Uh-huh.

Edited by dmfootworks

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mixed feelings about this.

On the positive side: yes it would be fun to "throw down" with other drumlines. Show off to eachother what you can do and what you've learned over the summer.

On the negative: Unlike college drumlines, Drum corps drumlines don't spend their entire time learning different cadences to perform. So there would be no change between warm-ups and show repetoir. Also the whole story about one drumline completely showing up another drumline, yes it may have been awesome for the SCV guys...but you said "Phantom Regiment was slowly schooled and walked off the court with there heads down. " How would you feel to be in their position?

Also the whole story about one drumline completely showing up another drumline, yes it may have been awesome for the SCV guys...but you said "Phantom Regiment was slowly schooled and walked off the court with there heads down. " How would you feel to be in their position?

I thought the point was that Phantom waded into SCV's space and stepped over what SCV was already doing.

not a fan.

sure it's cool when lines jam together. had the chance to jam with a few different corps over the years. but it wasnt done to show anyone up, just to have fun.

On the positive side: yes it would be fun to "throw down" with other drumlines. Show off to eachother what you can do and what you've learned over the summer.

On the negative: Unlike college drumlines, Drum corps drumlines don't spend their entire time learning different cadences to perform. So there would be no change between warm-ups and show repetoir. Also the whole story about one drumline completely showing up another drumline, yes it may have been awesome for the SCV guys...but you said "Phantom Regiment was slowly schooled and walked off the court with there heads down. " How would you feel to be in their position?

I would have learned my lesson to not interrupt a drumline while rehearsing....they should have walked away with their heads down....I love Phantom, but that was a rude move.....it did not affect them that much...they beat SCV that year. B)

Edited by felixh

A great drumline has several cadences and warm-up that they can utilize B)