Loudest mello's ever

serious loud.

~>conner

Alright, I guess I can concede that. Although I think that Crown's trumpets (especially leads) and baris (great, for the second year in a row) were much more present in their sound than their mellophones. Glassmen....agree to disagree. Yeah.

As far as sheer volume goes this year, I'm pretty sure Madison's line indeed was the loudest. I mean....2:07, and 2:28 (love that moment), are just LOUD. Granted parts like 2:07 are in partials that project extremely well, and they do have the benefit of the extra players and the more trumpet-based technique and color, loud is loud. And they certainly were. :worthy:

Magic '03's line came through well throughout the show, and had some great parts written for them as well.

As far as sheer volume goes this year, I'm pretty sure Madison's line indeed was the loudest. I mean....2:07, and 2:28 (love that moment), are just LOUD. Granted parts like 2:07 are in partials that project extremely well, and they do have the benefit of the extra players and the more trumpet-based technique and color, loud is loud. And they certainly were. :worthy:

Right on Jared. 2:07 is what I had in mind...roaring and soaring. When I first heard it, I did a double take. I thought that I was listening to french horns. Love that sound!

88 Madison - mellos during Malaguena were pretty freakin' loud!

O.k.Iknow that I migfht be a little old....however has anybody forgotten 86 Star of Indiana? It was all John Williams music....and the mellophones were insane.....and LOUD :worthy: . Just my 2cents...but I don't think anybody can go mentiopn the words "mellophione", "loud", and "amazing" without giving props to 86 Star.

If you don't believe me....then listen for yourself.

LOL! This is great. Loudest mellos has to be back when corps only marched 4, not 14. and they still cut through the hornline....

Seems to me, if my memory holds, that loudest mellos has to be 75 Muchachos.....they only had 3.....

Go listen...tell me they weren't loud. Sounds like they stood under the mic's the whole show.

• Like 1

89' Star- Cords at the end of Crown Imperial. 14 guys and gals echoing through Arrowhead Stadium. Here endeth the lesson.

This thread is almost akin to "being the best ballerina in Galveston"

If we want any opinions from fourth soprano alternates, we will give them to you. Wanabes.........

Edited by mchromik