Kingsmen Alumni?

GABA

What are the names of the snare drummers. I want names!

Is Scott Kubitz from the Renegades doing it? He has been one of the really great contributers in the last couple of years in the Renegades snare line.

What about Larry Narachi?

I'm making plans now to make it down to finals week in '07.

Mom

Edited by Snapettes Mom

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious: Is the Kingsmen Alumni corps open to non alumni, or only open to bona fide alumni of the Kingsmen??

Chances are I'll be in the SCV alumni corps in 07, but.......................would like to know who is eligible for Kingsmen Alumni Corps.

The Kingsmen Alumni Corps is open to non-XKingsmen who embrace the style and class of the Kingsmen. :rock: If positions are full, Kingsmen Alumni will have first chance at the spots, but if you're tickin' you may be moved to another position - especially in spots like the snare line.

Someone emailed me the links to the Kingsmen 1st rehearsal on Jan 8th. He said they had 55 horns in this run thru of Folk Song Suite. That is the most horn players the Kingsmen ever fielded! I think they sound pretty good for their 1st rehearsal. I can't wait to see and hear them in 07 with 100 more horns.:rock:

If the video don't play, right click the code on the page then click on "Save Page As" and you should be able to get them to play. Rather large file size over 25 Megs for the High Res.

Sorry I don't know how else to to get the file.

Is Rocco teaching the Horn line? Who is teaching the Guard, Drums, Drill?

GABA

Edited by GABA

Mom asked about a couple of drummers - Scott Kubitz is signed up on snare and Larry Narachi is signed up for pit.

Currently, we have about 65+ drummers on the list, 135+ horns, 30+ flags, 20 rifles, 2 Nationals Squad and 6 Drum Majors!

I watched the videos last night and they were awesome. I can't wait to start practing the new flag work!

Vickie

Edited by Vickie Kingsmen

OK...OK...alright...OK....

HOLY CRAP....

THAT was #####in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sitting at my computer all full of goosebumps! THAT was amazing!!!

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!! That was after ONE REHEARSAL!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh...and forgot to say one thing...that ending was RAD!!! Except Duffy....make the last note go just a bit more with a little more ummph at the end. It's great now...but just a bit more and WAM!!!!!!!!! I was cheering here in my office!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Ryan H. Turner

THAT was amazing!!!

I agree! Wow.... if they sound like that now, they're gonna tear the Rose Bowl apart when they perform there in '07. Holy mackerel!!!!!

Fran

...and then to top it off...a plane is flying overhead nearby, and it's engine noise is matching the tonic of the chord...sounds like a reverb that just won't end.

IT'S A SIGN FROM GOD!!!!!!!!!

Is Rocco teaching the Horn line? Who is teaching the Guard, Drums, Drill?

GABA

The Kingsmen Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps is totally an Alumni effort.

As one might expect with an alumni group, the talent runs deep into the membership.

Many talented Alumni members have stepped up to the plate to instruct, all of whom (IIRC) have instructed other corps in their post-Kingsmen life.

Dr. Greg Woll and Gary Kean are the horn instructors.

Edited by GuyW

What are the names of the snare drummers. I want names!

Is Scott Kubitz from the Renegades doing it? He has been one of the really great contributers in the last couple of years in the Renegades snare line.

What about Larry Narachi?

I'm making plans now to make it down to finals week in '07.

Mom

You can go to xkingsmen.com to view the list. Click on "Enter" after enjoying the picture of the day, then Alumni Corps and Yes List.

I love it when I find myself in the pictures! If you get the one with Rene Laritz on rifle, I'm the flag on the far left of the picture!

Vickie