Kingsmen Alumni?

GABA

The last time I talked to anyone associated with the Kingsmen, they said they are planning for 300 members for the Alumni corps and 200 members in the junior competition corps. I hear they are well on their way to those numbers. Both corps will make their initial appearance in the summer of 2007. Both corps will produly wear new "copies" of the original Kingsmen blue uniform. The Alumni corps will be wearing exact replicas of the old uniforms. The Alumni guard will wear the long black skirts with the high black riding boots.

Have you heard if the junior corps will be doing real drum corps or todays highjacked Bando version?

Edited by Brassop

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define "real".

Real is what you do, and those who are doing it know the difference.

I know the difference!

See you in two weeks, Larry. BTW, did you get the e-mail about red shirts for CNY?

Garry

Kingsmen Alumni Corps, tenor

I know the difference!

See you in two weeks, Larry. BTW, did you get the e-mail about red shirts for CNY?

Garry

Kingsmen Alumni Corps, tenor

I have mine RED-y to go. Did they change the color of red to red red, or just red? LOL

Check your PM :)

Edited by AnaheimAlumni

• 4 weeks later...
The last time I talked to anyone associated with the Kingsmen, they said they are planning for 300 members for the Alumni corps and 200 members in the junior competition corps. I hear they are well on their way to those numbers. Both corps will make their initial appearance in the summer of 2007. Both corps will produly wear new "copies" of the original Kingsmen blue uniform. The Alumni corps will be wearing exact replicas of the old uniforms. The Alumni guard will wear the long black skirts with the high black riding boots.

Just to update you all, we have hit 300 members!!! :)

• 3 months later...

Not wanting to slight any of the junior corps appearing at the '07 DCI Championships. However, for many of us, the real highlights of next year's Championship will be the much anticipated appearance of the Kingsmen Alumni Corps and the reborn KingsmenStar Corps. I just hope after their appearance at quarter finals, they have enough interest and support to continue with the Alumni part of the organization.

Not wanting to slight any of the junior corps appearing at the '07 DCI Championships. However, for many of us, the real highlights of next year's Championship will be the much anticipated appearance of the Kingsmen Alumni Corps and the reborn KingsmenStar Corps. I just hope after their appearance at quarter finals, they have enough interest and support to continue with the Alumni part of the organization.

We're really glad to hear that!!!! We are all looking forward to our Kamp Kingsmen next month and our first standstill performance at the Pacific Crest show in Walnut on 6/24!! :)

As far as I know, the StarCorps will not be performing until the following year. Please correct me if I'm wrong. B)

Edited by Vickie Kingsmen