Kingsmen Alumni?

GABA

Joe Rybus, Kingsmen Alumni Corps Director, is without a doubt one of the best guys I have ever met.

I met him for the first time at The Kingsmen Alumni Luncheon weekend last June when Kingsmen Alumni Corps was just a twinkle in a bunch of people's eye, as it were.

What Joe and the staff have done to both create and keep the momentum up for this endeavor has been nothing short of awe-inspiring to watch. It's evident that The Kingsmen Alumni Corps is a labor of love created by former marching members who did, indeed, check their individual egos at the door to make this a reality.

To get as many people involved in this project as we have so far is nothing short of a miracle to behold, these guys and gals make believers out of the most hardened of cynics: like me, for example.

I was way too sick to attend this month's full corps rehearsal and felt even worse that I didn't get to add my part to that big sound. That will be corrected from here on out. I can't wait for Feb.'s full corps rehearsal and am actually looking forward to Kingsmen camp in June.....when I saw the rehearsal schedule lasting 5 days from 10AM to 11PM it was just like Kingsmen of old.

Come and join us on the field as our friends. BUT.... come ready to work hard!! As Kingsmen Alumni we demand no less than that of ourselves...and our friends as well.

Don't wait till the last minute as there may not be spots available by the time 07 rolls around, especially if you consider how big the numbers have become at rehearsals in so short a time since the announcement of this endeavor.

We have people literally coming in from as far away as islands in the far South Pacific who are Kingsmen Alumni and have committed a good chunk of their lives over the next year and a half to wearing the powder blue Kingsmen cadet uniform at least one more time.

And look for Kingsmen StarCorps in the very near future as well. Our commitment to excellence will continue long after 07.

RON HOUSLEY

07 Kingsmen Alumni Corps

Lead Baritones

Edited by ffernbus3

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna have to echo Ron's sentiments. I had the honor and privilege of meeting both Gary Kean and Joe Rybus yesterday (and being yelled at by Charlie Groh--but I DID DO THE MARCHING EXERCISE!!! Hahahaha!), and even though this was just a "come if you can" type rehearsal last night, I could feel a certain excitement in the room. And talk about an outsider--I felt like I walked into a room full of legends. I was by far the youngest guy there...and not even a performing member of Kingsmen. But I felt very welcome...and boy...25 horns are FREAKIN' LOUD!!!

Between So Cal Dream and Kingsmen--the old phart brigades are WELL UNDER WAY here in southern California!

Big kudos to the KMEN!!!

Edited by Ryan H. Turner

Hey Mom,

What about me? What about I? What about my-o-me-o-my?

I'm gonna play too! Woo Hoo!!

I always wanted to wear that uniform.

*ponders*

Hey, there's going to be a Kingsmen Alumni Color Guard practice in Northern California this weekend. If you live in the area and have been thinking about joining us, now's the time! You first have to go to the website and sign up! www.xkingsmen.com

Edited by Vickie Kingsmen

I always wanted to wear that uniform.

*ponders*

Hey Rich, now is the time! It would be great to march with you again!

Felix and I were just chatting about you today! He was asking if I knew where to find Pep Manning and Tim O'Brien.

Time to stop pondering and just do it!

Vickie

I'm gonna play too! Woo Hoo!!

Rich, if you pass this up, you will kick yourself....

rut roh..............

*peer pressure* :P

Hey Rich, now is the time! It would be great to march with you again!

Felix and I were just chatting about you today! He was asking if I knew where to find Pep Manning and Tim O'Brien.

Time to stop pondering and just do it!

Vickie

Don't know about Tim, but the last I saw Pep, he was driving the BD's staff bus.

Hope that helps.