SUNRISERS ALUMNI CORPS ANNOUNCE SHOW PLANS

SUNRISERS ALUMNI CORPS ANNOUNCE SHOW PLANS AND

OPENINGS FOR MEMBERS

Join the Long Island Sunrisers Alumni Corps and have some real fun. Take a bus ride with us to perform at the Archer-Eppler show on Saturday Evening April 29th playing some great songs from the Sunrisers past: French National Defile, Sing, Sing, Sing, Goldfinger, Battle Hymn, Claire De Lune and Evergreen. This music is being arranged by John "Screech" Areitano and Bob Murphy both of who have brought the Sunrisers to world class status over the years. Bob will handle most of the teaching duties.

The drumline is being handled by Bill Adamson and Dave Franceschina who brought the drumline to prominence and domination during the corps very successful eighties. (Six time DCA Champions!)

The Alumni Corps is under the direction of Jack Alexandro and Joe Coppola.

The Sunrisers Alumni Corps practices at the NY Jets (NFL) training facility at Hofstra University in Hempstead, Long Island. To get ready for their upcoming performances, the next rehearsals will be on Sundays, January 22, 2006, February 26th and March 26th with additional rehearsals being held there and in Brooklyn, the location and dates will be announced shortly.

We invite you to come and play with a corps with a heritage of winning and tradition. Anyone can join, you need not be a former Sunriser.

We would like to know that you are coming so please call Joe Coppola at 516-541-0810 to let him know and for more information. You can also email him at lisfjoe@aol.com. Or just stop in on Jan. 22nd

<Additions>

At the Jets Bubble: 12 Noon to 5 PM

Sunday Jan. 22

Sunday Feb. 26

Sunday Mar. 26

Sunday Apr. 23

Saturday Apr. 29 Bus trip to Archie Show

(Directions to the Jets facility)

DIRECTIONS TO THE BUBBLE:

Take whatever Road gets you to the Meadowbrook Parkway north or south to Hempstead Turnpike West.

Make Right Turn onto Earl Ovington Blvd. (just before the footbridge over the turnpike, end of Nassau Coliseum lots),

Go north to the first traffic light (about 500').

Turn left into the Hofstra parking lot.

Take parking lot road to the end(250').

Turn left (at small bubble) and go to far end of lot.

You can park anywhere in the main lot.

The large bubble is on the west side of the parking lot, through the gate.

There will be Sun staff there to assist.

I will further add that after turning north on Earl Ovington you should immediately get into the left lane so you can make the left at the light.

Edited by TennTux

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<correction>

Archie Epler Show is April 29th (not the 15th) :worthy:

<addition>

At the Jets Bubble: 12 Noon to 5 PM

Sunday Jan. 22

Sunday Feb. 26

Sunday Mar. 26

Sunday Apr. 23

Saturday Apr. 29 Bus trip to Archie Show

Thanks,

Tony B)

SUNRISERS ALUMNI CORPS ANNOUNCE SHOW PLANS AND

OPENINGS FOR MEMBERS

Join the Long Island Sunrisers Alumni Corps and have some real fun. Take a bus ride with us to perform at the Archer-Eppler show on Saturday Evening April 29th playing some great songs from the Sunrisers past: French National Defile, Sing, Sing, Sing, Goldfinger, Battle Hymn, Claire De Lune and Evergreen. This music is being arranged by John "Screech" Areitano and Bob Murphy both of who have brought the Sunrisers to world class status over the years. Bob will handle most of the teaching duties.

The drumline is being handled by Bill Adamson and Dave Franceschina who brought the drumline to prominence and domination during the corps very successful eighties. (Six time DCA Champions!)

The Alumni Corps is under the direction of Jack Alexandro and Joe Coppola.

The Sunrisers Alumni Corps practices at the NY Jets (NFL) training facility at Hofstra University in Hempstead, Long Island. To get ready for their upcoming performances, the next rehearsals will be on Sundays, January 22, 2006, February 26th and March 26th with additional rehearsals being held there and in Brooklyn, the location and dates will be announced shortly.

We invite you to come and play with a corps with a heritage of winning and tradition. Anyone can join, you need not be a former Sunriser.

We would like to know that you are coming so please call Joe Coppola at 516-541-0810 to let him know and for more information. You can also email him at lisfjoe@aol.com. Or just stop in on Jan. 22nd

(Directions to the Jets facility)

DIRECTIONS TO THE BUBBLE:

Take whatever Road gets you to the Meadowbrook Parkway north or south to Hempstead Turnpike West.

Make Right Turn onto Earl Ovington Blvd. (just before the footbridge over the turnpike, end of Nassau Coliseum lots),

Go north to the first traffic light (about 500').

Turn left into the Hofstra parking lot.

Take parking lot road to the end(250').

Turn left (at small bubble) and go to far end of lot.

You can park anywhere in the main lot.

The large bubble is on the west side of the parking lot, through the gate.

There will be Sun staff there to assist.

I will further add that after turning north on Earl Ovington you should immediately get into the left lane so you can make the left at the light.

Edited by TennTux

Some updated info....

Join the Long Island Sunrisers Alumni Corps and have some real fun !

Come with us by bus to perform at the Archer Epler Indoor Show on Saturday Evening, April 29th playing some great songs from the Sunrisers past: "French National Defile", "Sing, Sing, Sing", "Goldfinger", "Claire de Lune", "Battle Hymn", "Evergreen", and of course "The World is Waiting for the Sunrise". Following the show we will attend the party at Archies Post.

This music is being arranged by John "Screech" Arietano and Bob Murphy, both of whom have brought the Sunrisers to world class status over the years. Bob will handle most of the teaching duties.

The drumline is being handled by Bill Adamson, and Dave Franceschina who brought the drumline to prominence and domination during the corps very succesful eighties. ( Six time DCA Champions)

The Alumni Corps is under the direction of Jack Alexandro and Joe Coppola. The Alumni Corps practices at the NY Jets (NFL) Training Facility at Hofstra University in Hempstead, Long Island.

To get ready for their upcoming performance, the next rehearsal will be on Sunday, January 22, 2006, and the following Sundays: February 26th, March 26th, and April 23rd with a few additional rehearsals being held in Brooklyn, the location and dates will be announced shortly. Rehearsal times are 12 Noon to 5 PM, refreshments and snacks will be available. Music will be available to download from our website.

The Corps is looking for new members in all sections: Brass, Percussion, and Guard. We invite you to come play for a corps with a heritage of winning and tradition. Anyone may join even if they are not a former Sunriser.

If you intend to join us please let us know by calling Joe Coppola at 516-541-0810. You can also email him at jcopla@aol.com.

Or just come to our first rehearsal on the 22nd.

Glad to hear you guys have got the ball rolling. I wish I could see you guys perorm, but the competing corps has a camp that weekend.

Glad to hear you guys have got the ball rolling. I wish I could see you guys perorm, but the competing corps has a camp that weekend.

No prob Tom....

Thanks for the post!

Tony B)

very cool. Was hoping for the Joker myself, but there's always next year

very cool. Was hoping for the Joker myself, but there's always next year

Jeff,

"The Joker" is one of my favs too. Now IF we could get these 4 guy back to play it!!

http://www.sunrisers.com/images/photos/196...the_dream.shtml

<Aug.13, 1967...Jersey City, New Jersey>

Bob Murphy

Pete Fedyck

Frank Dorritie

John 'Screech' Arietano

What a great picture that is...good luck Sun Alumni!!! Screech is a great arranger, player and an overall good guy!

Yes bring back the joker and "Great Gate of Kiev"...Procession of the Nobles, please.

Donny

Does SUN still have ..........The Melli Line From ####? Strictly my opinion but I've never heard a better mellophone section than the Sunrisers. (Renegades please take no offense.......... and CABS will always be my favorite corps'........but Sun, to me, always had the cleanest, pureist, melli sound in Drum Corps'.

Hope it's still there...............

What a great picture that is...good luck Sun Alumni!!! Screech is a great arranger, player and an overall good guy!

Yes bring back the joker and "Great Gate of Kiev"...Procession of the Nobles, please.

Donny

Donny,

In my opinion, if the Sunrisers Alumni Corps played all the "Sunriser Greats" there's going to be a very tired horn and drum line..... b**bs

"And for the next 2 hours"..... :worthy:

Tony B)