so i was getting a haircut

About three years ago while i was marching Bluecoats, I was getting my hair cut and found out the chick cutting my hair was on the Bluecoats color guard in the early nineties.

It was free, but I tipped well.

Scary, small world.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we had a great time playing as Imperials fighting off the Rebel scum. He should know me as Jeebix the Rodian if it really is him. Ask him if he ever played SWG and knows me. If he does, tell him I said hi :) :) :) (Wow, I'm such a geek :P )

He was there pit instructor for 2005, though...I don't know if they got a new instructor or not

I doubt we did, since everyone from pit last year seems to LOVE him and know him pretty well.

But I'll tell him you said hi. Haha.

Yeah, we had a great time playing as Imperials fighting off the Rebel scum. He should know me as Jeebix the Rodian if it really is him. Ask him if he ever played SWG and knows me. If he does, tell him I said hi :) :) :) (Wow, I'm such a geek :P )

He was there pit instructor for 2005, though...I don't know if they got a new instructor or not

Bag is still the Instructor for 06, He is a friend of mine, a fellow ageout of Boston 00, My roomate, and we both teach at KK. It was most definatly him, He loved his SWG. You can find him on Star Craft now, He doesnt like the changes that were made on SWG.

A bit of a reversal on the theme, but...... While on tour in 78, one of our tenor's big brother helped out with the equiptment. This guy and I hit it off very well, and became fast friends thru the tour.... he was like a big brother to me. School starts, and I'm sitting in Chemistry class waiting for the new teacher, some young hunk that all the girls heard about and are drooling over, and who walks in but my friend from tour and introduces himself as our teacher!!! I thought that I would sink through the floor when he spotted me and informed that I should address him as Mr. Balcarrass.

Back in October I was in English class and I just happened to be wearing a Carolina Crown t-shirt. My English teacher(who really barely knew me) all of a sudden just goes "Are you in Crown?!?!". I reply "no, but I'm trying out this year for one of the tuba spots." She goes "Wow!, I used to be a marching instructor for a lot of bands around here, and I've been following drum corps, mainly Carolina Crown for some time now. Thats great that you're doing an activity such as drum corps!" I honestly never expected this from my english teacher out of all people to even know anything about drum corps. It really is a small world, and I'm glad that there are other people besides the band kids in my school who know the activity.

Back in October I was in English class and I just happened to be wearing a Carolina Crown t-shirt. My English teacher(who really barely knew me) all of a sudden just goes "Are you in Crown?!?!". I reply "no, but I'm trying out this year for one of the tuba spots." She goes "Wow!, I used to be a marching instructor for a lot of bands around here, and I've been following drum corps, mainly Carolina Crown for some time now. Thats great that you're doing an activity such as drum corps!" I honestly never expected this from my english teacher out of all people to even know anything about drum corps. It really is a small world, and I'm glad that there are other people besides the band kids in my school who know the activity.

You know the only problem with that kind of situation? You suddenly have to live up to the teacher's expectations...more so than as a "regular" student....

I was watching one of the legacy DVDs on my laptop on a flight one time and the guy next to me leaned over and asked me what it was... i told him it was drum corps and he said he had marched in one "long before i was born (which isn't that hard)"... i didn't catch what corps it was, but it was nice to see someone else that knew what corps was.

then on another flight i was sitting amongst what was obviously a group of bandos (they were going to the macy's day parade), and instead of telling them that i marched corps, i decided to watch some DVDs... they were drooling all over them and i got to talking to them - bad decision.... they were huge bandos - i would tell them a corps story and they would say "oh yeah, my band did something kind of like that"... then they tried to convince me that chick corea's "my spanish heart" isn't a ballad. it was entertaining nonetheless.

You know the only problem with that kind of situation? You suddenly have to live up to the teacher's expectations...more so than as a "regular" student....

... and that's a problem, how exactly? :)

I always found that being smarter than the rest of kids in my classes (even in college) netted me a kind of reputation as either a suspected cheater or a teacher's pet.. I would think a reaction like that would be a free ticket to Excelsville.. you could do as well as you could muster without the regular suspicion of cheating you often encounter when you just show up and do really well..

Just a different perspective, I guess..

Stef

... and that's a problem, how exactly? :)

I always found that being smarter than the rest of kids in my classes (even in college) netted me a kind of reputation as either a suspected cheater or a teacher's pet.. I would think a reaction like that would be a free ticket to Excelsville.. you could do as well as you could muster without the regular suspicion of cheating you often encounter when you just show up and do really well..

Just a different perspective, I guess..

Stef

There's the self-pressure of living up to the teahcer's expectations as a corps person....illogical, but I know I'D feel it.