so i was getting a haircut

I went to this fencing studio down in Burbank last week and ran into some dude who kept talking about Blue Devils this and Blue Devils that....something about one tenth of a point in '84. Anyone have a clue what this guy is talking about? :P

Yeah...something that probably slippedd yer mind, old man!! :P

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard tales that my music technology professor at Ithaca marched Vanguard. don't know when, but my friend from Spartans who also goes to Ithaca told me that one. So who knows. Anybody out there know Tim Nord?

Not to long ago I walked into the Best Buy in Avon, IN to do some christmas shopping. I was wearing my corps jacket. I didn't get 5 feet in before I got stopped by the greeter asking if I had marched. We talked a bit and he said he was going to audition for Crown. After I was done talking to him I was looking at the digital cameras and another employee came up to me and asked me if I had marched. We talked for a bit and I continued shopping. Later I was looking at CDs and a third employee started talking to me about drum corps. I was glad that so many people were excited about drum corps but I don't think I'll be wearing my corps jacket into that store again if I'm in a hurry.

Same idea in Montclair, California a couple of years ago. I wore a Cadets the day I went shopping at Best Buy with my wife. The kid helping me marched in PC. He told me that he wanted to try out for SCV. I hope he did.

I went to this fencing studio down in Burbank last week and ran into some dude who kept talking about Blue Devils this and Blue Devils that....something about one tenth of a point in '84. Anyone have a clue what this guy is talking about? :P

Well, if it was one tenth of a point, he probably wasn't talking about Duke basketball. I've had too many instances when I see Blue Devils shirts and such -- only to find out it's Duke and not Concord! :rolleyes:

I've heard tales that my music technology professor at Ithaca marched Vanguard. don't know when, but my friend from Spartans who also goes to Ithaca told me that one. So who knows. Anybody out there know Tim Nord?

Coincidentally, isn't Ithaca where SCV won one of their early DCI titles?

Well, if it was one tenth of a point, he probably wasn't talking about Duke basketball. I've had too many instances when I see Blue Devils shirts and such -- only to find out it's Duke and not Concord! :rolleyes:

Actually, Matt was referring to me...it was my shop he came to..

Vanguard won in 74 when Finals were held in Ithaca...hmmmm....wonder where they held finals...

Well, here's an odd one.

My cousin married a girl waaaaaaay back....like, maybe 2000ish. haha Well...

In Dec 2003 I was visiting family and starting talking about how my first season of drum corps went when she asks, "DCI!?" Turns out my new cousin march Bluecoats when she was in high school in the early 90s. We had never really made that connection before.

:-)

Vanguard won in 74 when Finals were held in Ithaca...hmmmm....wonder where they held finals...

Finals that year (prelims also) were at Schoelkopf Stadium on the Cornell University campus. I marched them that year!