When are spot set?

I'm sure most Div 1 corps have not fully set any of their lines yet. Even though it is late in the audition part of the season, if you have the chops/experience you could probably still get on somewhere. It sucks that you have missed the first camps, but if you contact caption heads/techs from various corps, Im sure you could find a place that's willing to give you a shot. Hope this helps.

Later

BW

Rule number 1 about drumcorps. It is NEVER to late. Spots always open up, many times during the summer. Contact the corps you want to march with now. Even if they say "no thanks we're full" (which I doubt), contact them later in the year to see how it is going. Some corps even have sub spots where you learn music and work out with the corps, and get a spot if one opens up.

IMO, a kid that wants to be in drumcorps can find a home. Ask around and make contacts, all will be happy to hear from you.

Good luck!

Do any div 1 corps still have pit spots open by now? Would it be too late to audition? ...just wondering.

Most top 12 corps require you to attend an audition camp.. but I've seen exceptions made for previous members (like, you marched a year, then took a couple years off..) or an extreme situation (death in family, etc).. and most of those corps have it narrowed down to at least the line plus alternates (no spots set in stone yet, but a seriously narrowed down group.. particularly for percussion).

I'm sure that you could contact the corps you're most interested in directly and ask -- they'd be best able to tell you their spot availability..

There are also a lot of corps who may (and probably DO) have spots open who are Div I, but not in the top 12, or the top 15.. also DII/III corps may have spots available, too..

Do a little research.. make a few contacts.. and see where it gets you..

Good Luck!

Stef

If I remember correctly we are still auditioning for the pit at Kavaliers (I think we have 1-2 spots open) I would suggest checking it out...and check out the new website as well ;)

www.kavaliers.com

Tell them Alex sent you ;)

I was gonna mention Kiwanis. But Alex beat me to it.

Dunno if your desire to march this season extends only to Div 1 corps, but Hypnotix, a new corps from Evansville IN, still has spots open.

www.hypnotix.org

as others have pointed out before me, there are other drum corps besides those in Div.1, so check out ALL your options