Ever Have To Make A Drill Change On The Fly

One time my snare line somehow ended up 5 yards short of our spot and we reacted with huge mind meld and pinwheeled 30 degrees while crabbing to make the next set without causing a wreck. Really strange moment.

One time I had to duck under a passing contra line. That could have hurt.

Mom

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the first focus show this year in Michigan City, IN our tubas or most of our tubas rather, started the show five yards off so that was interesting. When we got to the first impact point in the show it was kind of crowded but then it fixed itself. That's what happens when you can't tell what yard line you're on I guess....or maybe it's just a tuba thing. :P

I can't think of any such moment off the top of my head, but reading these stories did, however, instantly make me think back to a picture I saw posted on Erika's Myspace:

251178937_l.jpg

I know I'm not brilliant, but she attends San Diego State University. Something's not right. :rock:

I can't think of any such moment off the top of my head, but reading these stories did, however, instantly make me think back to a picture I saw posted on Erika's Myspace:

251178937_l.jpg

I know I'm not brilliant, but she attends San Diego State University. Something's not right. :rock:

Okay, that's just wrong! It's no reason why the Fresno State Marching Band is the best marching band in the CSU System! ^0^ and quite possibly the west coast! ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

251178937_l.jpg

Ahhhh...my beloved Marching Spaztecs!!!!!

Had that happened when Harold Warman was the director (back when I marched)....YIKES!

Well the 'S' looked pretty nice.

Here's a pic of the entire thing when we learned how to finally spell SDSU.

322006486_l.jpg

Anyway, in my 03 show at the end of the opener the angle setter always seemed to be in a different place and I was near the back of the line. That was always fun to look for.

at the first focus show this year in Michigan City, IN our tubas or most of our tubas rather, started the show five yards off so that was interesting. When we got to the first impact point in the show it was kind of crowded but then it fixed itself. That's what happens when you can't tell what yard line you're on I guess....or maybe it's just a tuba thing. :P

(Cough)... Ahem.

Nope, I don't remember that.

Just for the record, it was two baritones and two tubas.

I thought I started on the right yardline............

That caused quite a bit of drama.