All Drum Corps Internet Radio

Some of you may know that I have been operating a radio station called ALL BRASS! radio which featured drum corps, brass bands, brass ensembles and brass soloists.

I decided to break out the drum corps into its own radio station.

The radio station is FREE. I am always happy to have shows suggested for the station.

http://www.live365.com/stations/drumcorpsbum

Jim

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are several drum corps stations on live365, have been at least since this summer, so probably nothing wrong with it

With Live365 you pay broadcasting rights to ASCAP, BMI and SESAC and they make sure you follow the Digital Millennium Act for digital broadcasts. You pay for the right to broadcast.

Now if I was streaming from my home computer, publishing the play list in advance, and other nonsense (like taking live requests) then I would not be paying the legally required fees and would be in violation of the Digital Millennium Act.

All the music on the station I paid for. I either bought the CDs or the downloads. I have no intention of doing anything but promoting drum corps.

But for those of you who think that DCI doesn't pay attention to this board -- you would be very wrong. I got an email from them this morning about the station.

I have done everything I can to make it legal. If for some reason it is deemed illegal (I cannot imagine how) I will take it down in a blink. But I have done everything the law requires of me to my knowledge.

Jim

Edited by MUSICandCHARACTER

Thank You Jim

I have been listening for few hours and it made my day go by much quicker.

Good mix of Old School and New Breed and all in between, every thing from Purple Lancers to Cavies 007.

Now if I could only get this in my car I'd need a new set of speakers every few days.

Till then I'll keep making mix CD's.

GREAT STATION!!!!

CHECK IT OUT!!!!