DCP-I V Season Discussion

I'm back on the road with Mystré. I'm "UN" Watering the brass book and adding some meat to it. The brass section this year might be the best in Mystré history. They just need a little bump.

Other things in the works is some visual rewrites to the hiest (Zoom A) part of the show that will feature some new guard work.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midnight is hiring a new Guard instructor, and are looking to explore other brass techniques in the very near future.

~>conner

This is the part of the season where people need to figure out what to do with their corps. I see some corps passing up quite a few corps, and not looking back. While my groups (Emerald Regime and Tri-Color) are stalled right now, they are in a position to make it to the top, with plenty of room for growth. We are milking it for all it is worth right now.

The Conquistadors are happy to be home today after wrapping up the first half of tour. We got a chance to unload all of our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies b**bs into the corps hall today while the corps was rehearsing. It's lunch time now followed by some music and then an early finish so everybody can unwind a little bit. Tomorrow we head out to Wayne, NJ to smoke Emerald Regime ^0^ and then its off to Hershey on Monday. After that there are 3 days to rest so the members can go home and sleep in real beds before doing our home show and heading out again for part II.

The Conquistadors are happy to be home today after wrapping up the first half of tour. We got a chance to unload all of our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies b**bs into the corps hall today while the corps was rehearsing. It's lunch time now followed by some music and then an early finish so everybody can unwind a little bit. Tomorrow we head out to Wayne, NJ to smoke Emerald Regime ^0^ and then its off to Hershey on Monday. After that there are 3 days to rest so the members can go home and sleep in real beds before doing our home show and heading out again for part II.

Recent trends show that you won't be smoking anyone... Best of luck!

yeah, so we weren't so hot at Regionals... just barely making it into finals. Poor Rico, he spatted both nights during his solo. Finals night he was mumbling something in Spanish... something about a lost mojo or what-not. There were also some major changes in the visual during Samba Temperado. We knew the changes would hurt a little at Regionals due to the fact that it was new and not clean, but the kids pulled it off, and the changes were more for this weekend's shows (which so far are kicking butt in)... and Rico has nailed his solo both Friday and Saturday. He even got a baby thrown at him in Ontario... GO RICO!!

Off season = fake

Live season = fun :P

ROAR!

Off season gives you more ways off winning... Live season is fun because you don't know what you really have to work with until the mid point. I await seeing how you do this live season, since you won't be able to cheat and look at the captions other corps are using. :) BTW Greer Sullivan and company said "hi!"