DCP-I V Season Discussion

Ouch, we got shot by the judges yesterday in Moreno. Our Vis Effect score got dropped by an ENTIRE POINT! That hurts. Otherwise, we would have broken 80 easily. Darn, frustrating.

Oh well, whatcha gonna do? We know we're good and now we're heading off to Texas. See y'all in Ft. Hood on the 14th! We'll be coming back out guns firing.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch, we got shot by the judges yesterday in Moreno. Our Vis Effect score got dropped by an ENTIRE POINT! That hurts. Otherwise, we would have broken 80 easily. Darn, frustrating.

Oh well, whatcha gonna do? We know we're good and now we're heading off to Texas. See y'all in Ft. Hood on the 14th! We'll be coming back out guns firing.

Pretty soon, some corps are going to have to give a little, to get a little! :-) You know what I mean! :) I don't know, but I thought the show was great last night, based of the recording we got. Puget Sounds crew was making recordings!

Imperial Sound is ok with this season. We will continue to try to improve, but we are looking forward to next season with a smirk. We'll have something special planned for all of ya'.

The DCI-FT Season I/ DCP-I Season VI Show is:

...To be announced... :P

What a great crowd in Westminster. A lot of nice shows too. Finally took one from Emerald Regime. First time we had seen them since Rockford.

With our 4th show win in a row and #1 ranking in DCP-I it's time to pause and thank the whole corps for the tremendous job they are doing. If this is the highmark of this season (hopefully not) then we certainly should be proud of what we have put on the field.

Now it's off to Texas!!! Here is hoping the Gus doesn't have a cousin in Texas.

With all the success Overdrive has had this season, the rumors are starting to fly that they may well bypass Division 2 finals to compete with the D1 corps intead.

We have given that some thought, and we've decided that we're perfectly happy right where we are, at the top of the pack in division 2.

For this season, anyhow. B)

it's alright Steve... I'm pretty sure I sent you a PM or email.

Midnight has recieved the captions, and is sorry for any problems we have caused.

Thank you for sending my captions in.

and we do hope we Roselle Park will haven o hard feelings for any of this dispute. A great corps, and I am happy to compete against them.

BTW, great job to everyone Westminster!

~>conner

The judges gave us what we deserved last night. Emerald Regime has been stalled at an 81 (+/-) score for the past few shows they have. Now that we have consulted with show coordinators and reknown artist, Beyoncé, we are on the right track--it may not be the next show, but we are a corps who will peak at the right time--DCP-I Championships. I as their director, believe that we should not sacrifice anything for the sake of winning one show. As another director said "Slow and steady wins the race" and that couldn't be more true. We walked into Westminster, MD last night knowing we would earn a second place finish, but winning the show was not our goal. We were excited to compete with our rivals for the first time this season, and happier that we beat them. I have nothing but respect for the Star of Jupiter Organization, and I hope our relationships become even stronger throughout the years. What they did on the field last night was great, but they certainly have a lot to learn, before they can pass us up for good. The kids in Emerald Regime are happy, this is the most success they have had, and they are not stepping down to anyone! Call em cocky, I just say they are hard workers, who know what they are capable of. We purposely signed up for shows with big time competition, to see where would would place--and so far, the results have been very pleasing, and it has given us a chance to see where we could improve.

See you all tomorrow in Harrisburg, PA!

Theme for the Loudon Generals this year... Wait for it.... :worthy:

Kosmos and Kadence have both completed their preparations for the end of the season. Some VERY interesting developments in the works. :)