Drum Corps Iron Chef!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much, everyone will say that thier corps has the best cooks...but hey, I have heard that Cascades have one of the best cooks in dci. He isn't a professional chef or anything, just a genius at the whole "making delicious spaghetti and french bread out of cereal and brocolli" deal. His meals are always awesome, and crazy with budget. Maybe not always the best tasting, but I am willing to bet the best overall cook, come on east coast...bring it, west coast knows how to cook!

(also....better than sex cake....need I say more :worthy: )

Pretty much, everyone will say that thier corps has the best cooks...but hey, I have heard that Cascades have one of the best cooks in dci. He isn't a professional chef or anything, just a genius at the whole "making delicious spaghetti and french bread out of cereal and brocolli" deal. His meals are always awesome, and crazy with budget. Maybe not always the best tasting, but I am willing to bet the best overall cook, come on east coast...bring it, west coast knows how to cook!

(also....better than sex cake....need I say more :worthy: )

If you find cake better than sex, you're doing it wrong.

If you find cake better than sex, you're doing it wrong.

He didn't say he found the cake better than sex, just that the name of the cake was Better Than Sex cake. :P

He didn't say he found the cake better than sex, just that the name of the cake was Better Than Sex cake. :P

That cake is living a lie! :)

And since this is the internet, I'm going to request that nobody post a link to a page for people who *really* like cake, if you know what I mean.

i would be willing to bet that each corps says that they have the best cooks

correct.

During TOC in 04, we were able to sample off of everyones food trucks....it was neat...felt really odd standing in line at another truck, I'll tell ya.

I liked everything I had from the trucks I ate off....though, Im not a fan of how some of the corps give you pre-plated meals through a window....I like to eat as much as my plate can carry....which I wasn't able to off of the cavaliers truck..or maybe that was SCV's truck..I can't remember.

Edited by ZSDAvenger

Funny, on Crossmen's tour CD they have a spoof on the Iron Chef. What fun it would be to have a cook-off. I know that there was one show this summer when a bunch of corps put their food trucks in a circle and let the kids eat where they wanted... what a great idea!

I had a couple of specialties that the kids loved way back when I cooked. I did mini-pizzas on half english muffins. Tacos was always a hit and I would also get a few huge turkeys donated & do a big turkey dinner.

You know something? As far asI'm concerned, as long as the letters M, R and E aren't involved, I'm good. :)

For those of you who don't understand, read my signature.

(BTW: MRE = Meal, Ready to Eat <**> or Malox, Rolaids, and Ex-Lax :P )