Boston's First Camp

I guess no matter what, Boston will constantly be scrutinized for whatever we do. Things are again going quite well though, I'd rather just respect Howard's wishes. So again, nothing's going to be said about the show, and if anyone who was at the camp watching us feels like typing up a post, more power to them. There is no need to bash the corps though just because the staff would like to keep quiet. I have complete faith in what they're doing.

Bit of a drama queen aren't we?

I assure you, Boston is not "constantly scrutinized" for everything you do. No more than any other corps. People get curious, and you take it like they kidnapped your step-baby or something.

Calm it down a bit eh? No one's out to get you. Scouts honor! :P

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I've heard lots of good things."

Vets are excited, music sounds like something to anticipate, the two dril/show designers from Lawrence Central have great reputations, and although they may not announce for a while, it seems like it'll be a good year for them. If you don't think so, then enjoy feeling that way, because it surely won't make a difference once the season comes. All corps will be performing their shows, regardless of when they announced it.

Bit of a drama queen aren't we?

I assure you, Boston is not "constantly scrutinized" for everything you do. No more than any other corps. People get curious, and you take it like they kidnapped your step-baby or something.

Calm it down a bit eh? No one's out to get you. Scouts honor! :P

My post was more towards drumcat than anything.

I don't think there is a correlation either. And neither is there cause and effect. That's my point. Keeping secrets doesn't get you anything but resentment. So why do it?

Only from people who choose to resent that sort of thing. There are many out there, myself included, who appreciate the fact that they will announce their show on their own terms when they feel it's time to announce it. And I won't lose any sleep whether that day is tomorrow or three months from now. All much ado about nothing if you ask me. So I guess instead of asking why do they do it that way, I would ask why is it such a big deal to anyone HOW they do it? We'll know when we know. And in June, nobody will care when they announced it anyway....

...until next year when another corps chooses to wait. Gotta talk about something in January I suppose.

It's drum corps. Smile, people. :)

A guy who was at the camp just called me!

Boston will be marching 94 horns,12 snares, ten tenors, and ten bass, along with 1 drum major. there will be eight guard members, who will do the entire show on two trampolines located on both thirty yard lines..

They will be playing favorite songs sung by the builders of the Alaska Pipeline... Finally, now we know!

Edited by stellwegen

Boston will be marching 94 horns,12 snares, ten tenors, an ten bass, along with 1 drum major. there will be eight guard members, who will do the entire show on two trampolines located on both thirty yard lines..

They will be playing favorite songs sung by the builders of the Alaska Pipeline... Finally, now we know!

It's all true!! b**bs

Boston will be marching 94 horns,12 snares, ten tenors, and ten bass, along with 1 drum major. there will be eight guard members, who will do the entire show on two trampolines located on both thirty yard lines..

I hear they're only having a six-member guard and will feature a two-person pit - one person on pennywhistle and another on kazoo (in the key of G, of course).

Okay guys, seriously stop making me laugh, I'm going to wake my roommate up.

Stellwegen and Bawker......hey....ey.....hey......STOP IT.

(family guy??)

Okay, I definitely just pictured that Alaska Pipeline guy, jumping on one of those two trampolines on the 30's. WOW. Time for bed.