Phantom Uniform

Does anyone actually know anything about if Phantom's getting new uniforms, and what they will be, or are we all just speculating wildly? Heh, the latter would seem to be most likely, given the nature of this place. B)

They are getting new uniforms. I had that confirmed straight from the top yesterday.

What they will be or how they will look hasn't been disclosed.. (at least not outside the organization).

Stef

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Cesario consistently comes up with ideas that send the activity in different directions. He's the designer for so many corps because no one else does it better. There is a certain Cesario sensibility to his designs that make them popular with others...they're clean lined and have a distinctive look. Yes, Cesario looks like Cesario...and that's the point. They work well on the field and can be read in the stands. He's our Erté, our Blass, our Dior. Isn't it neat that he decided to share himself with us?

That may be true, but just like Brubaker gave way to Gaines, there has to be some room for differing ideas. We have a variety of horn and drum manufacturers for our activity; shouldn't we have at least as much choice in something that's even more a question of aesthetics?

Cesario has certainly given us some nice ideas (Carolina Crown, for sure...one of my favorites ever)...but aside from Phantom, I don't know of many corps that don't use him / Fred J. Miller. That kind of homogenization in the uniforms gives the impression of many of the units being (pardon the pun here) cut from the same cloth.

That may be true, but just like Brubaker gave way to Gaines, there has to be some room for differing ideas. We have a variety of horn and drum manufacturers for our activity; shouldn't we have at least as much choice in something that's even more a question of aesthetics?

Cesario has certainly given us some nice ideas (Carolina Crown, for sure...one of my favorites ever)...but aside from Phantom, I don't know of many corps that don't use him / Fred J. Miller. That kind of homogenization in the uniforms gives the impression of many of the units being (pardon the pun here) cut from the same cloth.

Bluecoats are a Stanbury-sponsored corps as well as Regiment, and a number of DII and DIII corps use them.

Michael Cesario consistently comes up with ideas that send the activity in different directions. He's the designer for so many corps because no one else does it better. There is a certain Cesario sensibility to his designs that make them popular with others...they're clean lined and have a distinctive look. Yes, Cesario looks like Cesario...and that's the point. They work well on the field and can be read in the stands. He's our Erté, our Blass, our Dior. Isn't it neat that he decided to share himself with us?

I agree with Bawker, we need some variety here. Can a drumcorps (besides the Jersey Surf) think outside the box? Some do, Southwinds shako of 05 comes to mind, but most don't.

I don't think Mr. Cesario decided to share himself with us, but I do think it has been a mutually benificial arrangement so far. Given my druthers I would like to see something new and fresh, AND something that doesn't have to get the $tamp of approval from a high priced designer (with a high priced seemstress tag).

I just went to the Stanbury site and found some pics that might be a possibility of the the future Regiment unis!

There are a few that would be ok and some, well not so :rock:

See what you think!

3_t.jpg

96_t.jpg

408_t.jpg

301_t.jpg

247_t.jpg

237_t.jpg

44_t.jpg

37_t.jpg

34_t.jpg

303_t.jpg

There are some creative choices here!

They are probably not going with any of these, but the drawing by Jean Coulet de Gard is pretty neat!

You wanna know what I think???

<**> HORRIBLE... just downright HORRIBLE!!!

Speaking as an artist, designer, and art educator holding numerous degrees in the field:

NO!

As a representative of the art world, I am holding you in contempt for aesthetic slander against a drum corps. :huh:

Even if what is proposed here is in jest, or to merely quench our thirst for far-out predictions about the future... these are GAAWDAWFUL! :huh: I appreciate your enthusiasm for uniform design, but grow some eyes or use some aesthetic sensibility here... This is REGIMENT we're talking about, not a friggin' show band! I wouldn't put a juinor high parade band in some of these so called "uniforms", ^0^ let alone the masters of the 100-yard stage.

mvbailey12, I respectfully hope that your earlier post is either a "joke" of some kind or a developing (as yet uninformed) opinion...

-TGB

PS: Before you disagree, please note the pedigree:

MS - Art Education

MFA - Drawing

BFA - Studio Art/Visual Communication

Edited by euphonium96

-TGB

PS: Before you disagree, please note the pedegree:

MS - Art Education

MFA - Drawing

Cool! Can we tout you as the anti-Cesario and get you to design some new threads for some of our favorite corps?

That would be a fun little "pretend" thread for all the graphically gifted members here; plus...you never know who reads DCP. :)

Cool! Can we tout you as the anti-Cesario and get you to design some new threads for some of our favorite corps?

That would be a fun little "pretend" thread for all the graphically gifted members here; plus...you never know who reads DCP. :)

I'm dreaming... :rock: I've only waited for this charge for hmm.... a decade or so! Let's hope that my years of sketching new uniform and costume designs can live up to such a title...

Let me fire up the scanner and see what I can put up for you... ^0^

-TGB

Alot of those designs are pretty cool but i like there current unis alot because that just seems phantom to me or all black but what ever they pick i will like

You wanna know what I think???

<**> HORRIBLE... just downright HORRIBLE!!!

Speaking as an artist, designer, and art educator holding numerous degrees in the field:

NO!

As a representative of the art world, I am holding you in contempt for aesthetic slander against a drum corps. :huh:

Even if what is proposed here is in jest, or to merely quench our thirst for far-out predictions about the future... these are GAAWDAWFUL! :huh: I appreciate your enthusiasm for uniform design, but grow some eyes or use some aesthetic sensibility here... This is REGIMENT we're talking about, not a friggin' show band! I wouldn't put a juinor high parade band in some of these so called "uniforms", ^0^ let alone the masters of the 100-yard stage.

mvbailey12, I respectfully hope that your earlier post is either a "joke" of some kind or a developing (as yet uninformed) opinion...

-TGB

PS: Before you disagree, please note the pedigree:

MS - Art Education

MFA - Drawing

You're saying what we're all thinking :rock: