Phantom Uniform

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't we give this design job to the kids of "Project Runway"?

See... I've got BOXES full of uniform designs over here - I have scanner access, so if someone could provide the 411 on getting them uploaded onto this forum, I'd love to share them and get any and all feedback.

Just for the record - I am thoroughly over myself, for those wondering :worthy: Just check my new signature! ... Anyhow.... I only cite my credentials as a means of validating an opinion. While it is true that this is an opinion-based forum, I believe that my opinion on matters pertaining to the world of visual design are extremely well-informd, both by academic merit and "experience" in both art & design and the marching arts. This is not to say that one opinion is "better" than another, just more or less uninformed - understand? ... I hope :worthy:

Further to this, just consider suggestions being made - even if they do come from the exquisite house of Stanbury. It is really cool that Baily found all those images and put them together in the post. However, it would seem that very little in the way of judgment was exercised. My point was (and still is) that Regiment would never look so "catalog generic" - and some folks here seem to agree. Designing for Regiment is extremely high stakes, man! There are decades of tradition AND innovation to take into account, not to mention mystique. To watch the Regiment Through the Years videos is to see the genesis and evolution of elegant design on the field. It is exceedingly difficult to top the previous design, maintain image identity, and be original. At this point in time we can only speculate about their look in the near future. Heck, Regiment even had their own coloring book at one point ... which I proudly admit to purchasing and completing! Horray for crayons!!!

That being said... I sincerely apologize for any bruised egos - and to show that I'm a sport, I would like Baily to personally give me the info on uploading images so I can share my "informed" vision or "specualtions" :sshh: with the community.

-TGB

This thread has created nothing short of excessive bickering and is being closed since another thread on this same topic already exist.

Further discussion of the PR uniform can be found here.

Any questions or comments can be sent to me or any DCP FSTM.

Thanks.

Edited by KristaM