Bus stories

And some stories never should be told.

See above. :rock: :P

You're just jealous because you didn't get YOUR chest waxed!!! (And it's all grown back now :P )

Edited by Carl306

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're just jealous because you didn't get YOUR chest waxed!!! (And it's all grown back now :P )

LOL!

no means no!

This is a pretty innocent one...might be a "had to be there" story though. This summer we were driving to some housing site but it was still early in the night. All of a sudden, I heard a huge crash but it wasn't the bus hitting anything! Since I was in the first seat, I got up to look and the bus water cooler (one of those huge water coolers which had just been filled that day) had dumped over as we turned this corner... Ice and standing water everywhere... thankfully down the steps!! Good thing we were at a stop sign cause we had to open the door and all the standing water just spilled out. If it was light out, I woulda taken a picture cause it was kinda funny.

P.S. I was on the contra bus... so yes... some "should never be told" things occurred!

We had a few minor incidents which, at the time, weren't too hilarious because it threw us off schedule...but in retrospect were pretty funny.

Our driver (a HEAVY smoker with emphyzema, actually :rock: ) sideswept a light pole once and it dented one of the bay doors. The impact was pretty close to my seat and I remember looking outside and seeing a pole...then feeling it hit the side of the bus right next to me. The door was so dented that we could't open it for the rest of tour. Down in Kentucky we were trying to get to our housing site but couldn't because the yellow lines were being painted on the ONLY road we could take to get there. The entire fleet decided to take the chance and go on the road anyway...which left us with some angry workers and some yellow paint on the trucks/busses.

Another good story (not a story on the bus, exactly, but something related with driving) was when we were going to Giant Stadium for a show and got VERY lost because the sign to the road we were trying to get on wasn't there. I guess it was stolen? That was the conclusion some staff members came to at least...

As far as the "real" bus stories...I agree with everyone else. What happens on the bus stays on the bus...and I thank God for that one. :P

Hmmm. My rookie year we had a guy in the pit who I honestly believe was insane. One night the driver left the air on, and we froze. So the guy asked for the air to be turned off. The driver obliged. The next day we were on the way to the show, and the air was off. The same guy asks the driver to turn the air on. The driver refused. Then the guy asked once more. The driver responded with "tough ####". The guy (who was my seat partner at the time) snaps. Goes totally ape, and runs up and down the bus screaming "tough #### ########" at the top of his lungs. This continued for a while. I grabbed his arm to stop him, and he just sits down like nothing ever happened. Pulled out a book, and started reading.

I have more stories I could post. Though I've got the feeling this thread won't last much longer anyway.

Late night on the road, our bus pulls up next to the other and we have the bus driver turn on the interior lights, when he does that we flip the other bus the bird. In return, they do the same. Our turn, we get a little more obnoxious--they return. Next round girls gone wild and gravity is not kind to some guys pants. It ended with the other bus victorious---they had our top bass drummer, 6 foot 90 pounds, naked stretched across the seats.