Hornline warmup Videos, YES!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've really only seen the more laid back corps do it during a warm up. But I know you can always catch a random BD member put some extra "effect" into a impact during the show. We did occasionally at Spirit this summer during warm up and the show. I love it! I think it lets you give a bit more "umph" when you're really getting into the performance.

This is the 2004 blue devils playing some space chords last year during the tour of champions. I would like to find out if anyone on here has some HIGH quality recordings of any hornlines warming up ( specifically BD, Phantom, SCV 04, CADETS, Bluecoats, Madison ). I

f you do that would be AWESOME.

chuey321@yahoo.com

pleaaase contact me, even if it is on your digital video camera.

I can help you format it, upload it , I have web hosting, ANYTHING. Anything similar to this google video!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=10...156310566&q=dci

This isn't against the rules right? Because don't sell most of this stuff, and its not show music? right?

What's up with the contras playing the ostinato from Mars? Even though "The Planets" is a Cavie thing I suppose we can let it slide since Mars is the name of BD's practice facility. That's one hellluva hornline! :worthy:

I know that at Regiment it was STRONGLY discouraged by JD - no undulating, or hanging over (no matter how high you were playing).

I think I remmember your friend taping us in California in 2003- were they the one's that had lawn chairs and everything set out? I definately one inebriated fan really getting into it.

--Warm-ups were funny, because we would just do a lot of breathing, and not play a whole lot - keeping it really low key, then at the end we'd start to really open up, and play a little show music. It was amusing, because the people that watched us warm-up almost always left while we tuned, just before we started really playing.

mandarins kinda did that sometimes...when we get too excited...but im not a fan of it either...

Edited by Bictaa

P.S. - I've always wondered what other corps called it. We called it "M#$o" at Spirit.

I watched a Devils rehersal in 04 and Wayne Downey told the hornline to give the end of the show a little "Shuck and Jive."

Where I come from that word wasn't allowed to be spoken out loud. Even saying the "M word" was forbidden. It was just know as "the word". If you spoke it outload it was big trouble.