What sounds like a good discussion on DCI's future...

http://dci.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=961b6...a3-46140e9a01a0

The top personalities and minds of Drum Corps International will gather this Saturday night, Jan. 28, at 8 p.m. at the Pasadena Hilton in Pasadena to converse about the future of DCI.

This special discussion, moderated by YEA!’s George Hopkins, is one part of the annual DCI winter meetings.

“DCI: A Future to be lived into” will feature DCI instructors and directors. Each will have five minutes to talk about any aspect of the activity -- from the creative, to business, to the future, to the past.

“There is no agenda,” Hopkins said in an e-mail to invited instructors and directors, setting the stage for a free-wheeling forum.

Part two of the discussion will feature approximately six speakers who will use video to demonstrate their main points. A panel discussion, including questions from the audience, will conclude the forum.

Anyone is invited to attend the discussion, beverages will be sold and the dress is casual.

Based on the back and forth here on the forums about the BoD and the future of drum corps in general, this sounds like something worth checking out. Too bad it's all the way across the country from me. :)

Anyone in the Pasadena area planning on going?

Hopefully dci.org can provide some good, solid coverage of this...but it would be nice to hear from a different viewpoint as well.

http://dci.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=961b6...a3-46140e9a01a0

Based on the back and forth here on the forums about the BoD and the future of drum corps in general, this sounds like something worth checking out. Too bad it's all the way across the country from me. :)

Anyone in the Pasadena area planning on going?

Hopefully dci.org can provide some good, solid coverage of this...but it would be nice to hear from a different viewpoint as well.

Sigh.....if I wasn't working in Arizona this weekend...

i am curious and terrified to see what could come of this at the same time

i am curious and terrified to see what could come of this at the same time

Good point!!

I wish we could get a live feed of this. I don't want any spin....I just want to know what was said and who said it!!!! :)

Does anyone know if any of the sessions will be webstreamed or taped and put onto Season Pass? This is the type of off-season content that I'd like to see more of.

Updating from today's follow-up on dci.org...

http://dci.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=adc3a...48-1527a23cd5de

As we mentioned yesterday, DCI.org will be out in full force during the winter meetings coming up this weekend in Pasadena, Calif. Beginning Friday morning and all weekend, look for news, photo galleries and videos of all the goings-on.

We just talked with George Hopkins, who is moderating a special discussion about the future of DCI. This discussion takes place Saturday night, Jan. 28, at 8 p.m. at the Pasadena Hilton.

Hopkins said that Wayne Downey (Blue Devils brass arranger), Ralph Hardimon (acclaimed percussion arranger), Marc Sylvester (Cadets drill designer) Dave Gibbs (Blue Devils director) and Jeff Fiedler (Cavaliers director) have all committed to participate in the panel, titled, “DCI: A Future to be lived into.” Hopkins also noted that more panelists could be added later in the week.

No suprise to see Gibbs, Fielder and Sylvester in there. :)

Maybe it will be shown on ESPN 8... :worthy:

THE OCHO!! OF COURSE!!!

-For starters, how about taking the Top 4 from 2006 and putting them into the 2007 Rose Parade to advertise for August? It's probably too late to talk about more financial burden, but it's just one of those 'what if's'.

-Considering San Diego & Seattle as other destinations for Championships.

-At least one annual DCI Major Event west of the Rockies.

Edited by Wildabeast

Updating from today's follow-up on dci.org...

http://dci.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=adc3a...48-1527a23cd5de

No suprise to see Gibbs, Fielder and Sylvester in there. :)

that lineup of speakers is why i said what i said.