90% of Drum Corps Planet

drumlaw80

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...which has a large majority of "OT" people that don't even visit the regular part of DCP...like, ever. I think me, Jeff Ream and maybe about three others post on both sides of the aisle with regularity. Most of the over 10,000 post posters post pretty much exclusively in the OT forums.

Get rid of the OT forums and you lose their traffic; and moreover the sense of community it has come to provide for some.

Alternatively, I do agree...this is drum corps planet, not political spin planet, or bored forum planet. Getting rid of the OT forums would help to sharpen the focus of the forums, but I suppose you have to look at what that would do to the natives here.

Maybe the major underlying complaint is that there are too many compartments here, with that being the antithesis of many posters not cross posting from say "historical" to "junior corps" or what have you.

Dunno. Just some ideas.

actually, most of us post in the DCA forums.

sometimes we even stay on topic

Just occurred to me what another problem at DCP is - I think there's a perception that some of the "hard corps" DCP'ers and regular posters are some sort of a special clique - the same posters, the same comments, the same old same old, where anyone outside this clique is either uncomfortable posting anything, or doesn't feel like they're part of this community.

THIS PERCEPTION MUST CHANGE.

I personally believe that many here at DCP are either intimidated or feel excluded from being in this "clique" of regular DCP posters - and that's what we (those who are regular posters) need to overcome - to make ANYONE who comes here feel welcome, have their voices heard, are made to feel like they're part of this family, and that their opinions matter and are important.

Edited by RobH

I welcome anyone to post at any time Rob.....that's what's cool, especially in the OT forums.

we get new faces who become old regs all the time. If people want to pst, all they have to do is click a button.

Just occurred to me what another problem at DCP is - I think there's a perception that some of the "hard corps" DCP'ers and regular posters are some sort of a special clique - the same posters, the same comments, the same old same old, where anyone outside this clique is either uncomfortable posting anything, or doesn't feel like they're part of this community.

THIS PERCEPTION MUST CHANGE.

I personally believe that many here at DCP are either intimidated or feel excluded from being in this "clique" of regular DCP posters - and that's what we (those who are regular posters) need to overcome - to make ANYONE who comes here feel welcome, have their voices heard, are made to feel like they're part of this family, and that their opinions matter and are important.

Tweet! Illegal use of big font. 10 yard penalty.

Lee - mea culpa!

Jeff - no disagreement with ya, but I honestly think that many who would like to post here don't, because from an outsider point of view they think that DCP is a clique that only certain people who know each other can use - and we need to change this perception!

Everyone has their niche, and everyone has something important to say and contribute!