90% of Drum Corps Planet

drumlaw80

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or we could do away with the OT forums completely, afterall, this IS a Drum Corps site.............. :)

get rid of off topic forums and off topic threads will dominate the on topic forums. get rid of the off topic discussions there and the cries of nazi overmoderation will be so deafening it will wake the dead.........but it will only last a short time, because very quickly, people will be leaving DCP permanently....if you thinkt he site is boring NOW, just wait....the worst is yet to come!

...wondering if George Dixon is the pen name for George Orwell becuase I definately see a few similarities between DCP and a certain book.....ok, so he was 22 years early.

get rid of off topic forums and off topic threads will dominate the on topic forums. get rid of the off topic discussions there and the cries of nazi overmoderation will be so deafening it will wake the dead.........but it will only last a short time, because very quickly, people will be leaving DCP permanently....if you thinkt he site is boring NOW, just wait....the worst is yet to come!

...wondering if George Dixon is the pen name for George Orwell becuase I definately see a few similarities between DCP and a certain book.....ok, so he was 22 years early.

You are kidding, right?

And I moved it here, where it belongs. I'm not sure why it wasn't moved earlier.

So this is all your fault. Huh.

BTW, are you marching this year?

Well, he did say that OT could go altogether.

That could bother a lot of the perennial posters there.

Or not.

:)

Yeah, chief. I didn't read as a threat.

This got moved out of the OT forum? LOL x 1,000. How is that philsophically even possible?

After 11 pages of replies, did it suddenly get on-topic? Heh.

I guess someone got personally uncomfortable with it. Oh well. Back to beige.

Rah-rah!

Like I said, Lee, somebody got their 'thin skin' tweaked.

"BIG BROTHER" is in the building!!!!!

Even families and close friends have differences every now and then.

This attitude is getting just a little lame. Give it a break.

I guess the next step is - 'closed' , someone's feelings got hurt.

Ray

I honestly think that over time, the over-moderation killed this forum.

Having managed numerous online communities over the years, I agree with this statement in a big way. I'm very hopeful the new DCP owners wiill put some serious thought into two things:

1) A comprehensive moderator training program to encourage a lot more consistency/professionalism from the DCP moderator community.

2) A navigational structure that encourages a better balance between iron-grip moderator control and the enjoyment of the participants.

It's not an easy task. But done right, will foster a much more inviting, welcoming environment that will help take DCP to the next level.

See you in the forums,

- Greg

Having managed numerous online communities over the years, I agree with this statement in a big way. I'm very hopeful the new DCP owners wiill put some serious thought into two things:

1) A comprehensive moderator training program to encourage a lot more consistency/professionalism from the DCP moderator community.

2) A navigational structure that encourages a better balance between iron-grip moderator control and the enjoyment of the participants.

It's not an easy task. But done right, will foster a much more inviting, welcoming environment that will help take DCP to the next level.

See you in the forums,

- Greg

Welcome back.