90% of Drum Corps Planet

drumlaw80

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find this thread 90% boring

Coincidentally, my exact thoughts about the Caballeros.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Just kidding Kay. I couldn't resist the setup. lol. :)

I'm not going to dispute that DCP has gotten a little dull. But it IS the off-season. And there are a lot of newbies who don't search for their topic before they post. We don't have that problem on another forum I post on because no one gives them the input they want.... the mods either merge it with a previous thread that they neglected to search for, or direct them to that thread.

The threads that get closed have usually been reduced to snide "I'm right and all-knowing, and you're not" arguments. Good riddance.

I don't know who exactly you're referring to. Maybe just a couple of posters. But DCI is a youth activity. DCI "children" are the ones that people pay to see, and they're the future of DCI. They're what keeps what you did alive, whether you like what it's become or not. They continue an activity that means a lot to a lot of people. So to dismiss them as if they're a nuisance is a little rude. It's good that there's an influx of young people! If it was just a forum full of alums and age-outs, I'd be pretty worried about the activity. Talk about stagnant. Of course there are bandos..... that's where every single current marcher came from. You're almost always a bando before you're a DCI kid. I know it wasn't always like that, but surely you were 17 and excited once.

They may not know a lot of history yet, and they may not agree with anything you say, but that does not make their posts "nonsense". I marched for 2 years, I tech band kids, and I know a lot of current marchers. And I have never, ever met anyone who has dismissed the past or history. Maybe some people (even myself) have given that impression on DCP, but in the real world, that's not the case. Just because many of us want much of it to stay in the past doesn't mean it doesn't hold our respect.

And as for who exactly takes away from the integrity of the site... I'd say it's probably the condescending, the arrogant, and closed-minded. There are trolls of all ages.

Nonsense is nonsense, anyway you slice it, and yes trolls do come in all ages...and sexes for that matter. When joining a new place you still need to show some respect for those that were already there and the activity/subject being talked about, not just barge right in, high and might and opinionated and oblivious to facts and the past. This is the "real world" and if you have the poise and maturity to respect the past on "reality" , you should do it here too, but I digress.

Again, another form if the PC -era caring, catering, and looking out for the "children" ....sorry, but without the alumni and the fans the kids would be playing to empty stadiums, eventualy not having an activity to enjoy at all. It works both ways

Oh, and the newbies should be searching to see if their topic has been posted already, thats called respect.

~G~

Nonsense is nonsense, anyway you slice it, and yes trolls do come in all ages...and sexes for that matter. When joining a new place you still need to show some respect for those that were already there and the activity/subject being talked about, not just barge right in, high and might and opinionated and oblivious to facts and the past. This is the "real world" and if you have the poise and maturity to respect the past on "reality" , you should do it here too, but I digress.

Again, another form if the PC -era caring, catering, and looking out for the "children" ....sorry, but without the alumni and the fans the kids would be playing to empty stadiums, eventualy not having an activity to enjoy at all. It works both ways

Oh, and the newbies should be searching to see if their topic has been posted already, thats called respect.

~G~

The fundamental problem I have with your view, is that at the end of the day, someone still has to pick and choose what is "nonsense." What you preceive as nonsense, I might find really entertaining. And vice versa.

Coincidentally, my exact thoughts about the Caballeros.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Just kidding Kay. I couldn't resist the setup. lol. :)

Good thing you added the just kidding part - other wise I'd have to say you were deaf dumb and blind

^0^

Good thing you added the just kidding part - other wise I'd have to say you were deaf dumb and blind

^0^

If I didn't think you guys were great, we would have never kinda-sorta half-kidnapped Key Poulan. ^0^

This got moved out of the OT forum? LOL x 1,000. How is that philsophically even possible?

After 11 pages of replies, did it suddenly get on-topic? Heh.

I guess someone got personally uncomfortable with it. Oh well. Back to beige.

Rah-rah!

This got moved out of the OT forum? LOL x 1,000. How is that philsophically even possible?

After 11 pages of replies, did it suddenly get on-topic? Heh.

I guess someone got personally uncomfortable with it. Oh well. Back to beige.

I predicted this on page 6 of this thread. :worthy:

The irony of this thread is that it will probably be moved over to the "DCP Customer Service Center".