Division II/III Headcount

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's feesible... Academy had over 200 at the audition camp.

~>conner

Revo hasn't contracted all their brass and percussion members yet.......no official word on how many they are taking.

Check their website for camp updates.

www.revolutionypa.org/drumcorps

I couldn't find SCVC's numbers on their site. Can you post a link for that please?

hmm... can't find a link. I think maybe I read it in an E-Vanguardian email newsletter. I think they wanted 30-40 brass, and I can't remember what else. They had about 30 in 2004, and lemme tell ya those kids could blow. :P

According to Memphis Sound's website, it will probably be something along the lines of:

40 Brass -

12 Sopranos

8 Mellophones

8 Baritones

4 Euphoniums

8 Contras

28 Percussion -

8 Snares

4 Tenors

5 Basses

11 Front Ensemble

(The website lists 10 in pit, but as of last camp I'm pretty sure we added one more spot. Also, it says we are marching 4 cymbals and last I heard...they decided not to this year. The page was updated last week and cymbals are still listed, so they might be changing their mind about but I really have no clue.)

24 Colorguard

2 Drum Majors

TOTAL: ~94

As of last camp, the battery and front ensemble are completely full. There are 3-4 Bari/Euph spots I believe, 1 Contra spot and a few colorguard openings as well. Aside from that, we are having Assistant Drum Major auditions at our Feb. camp (this weekend!), so that position will be filled in a few days. B)

-------

I was going to say I was really shocked when I saw SCVC only had 30 brass in '04, but I refreshed the page before posting this and saw it was actually 39. lol Either way, they still sounded pretty loud - even for 39 . I loved their show that year and I was disappointed that I didn't get to see it this year as well; can't wait to see what they put on the field this summer!

yeah, SCV was looking pretty small

in the hornline, that is

i know they're marching 7 snares and 5 basses. dunno how many cymbals or tenors, though