Rochester Rhinos GM has a not favorable drum corps history

Here here!

As I said...the people in charge are not new at this. Allen is quite capable. And DCA lived in Rochester for many, many years.

Donny

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here here!

As I said...the people in charge are not new at this. Allen is quite capable. And DCA lived in Rochester for many, many years.

Donny

Honest question.... Does DCA have a backup plan for any year, if something happens with the original championship site? I dont just mean with a situation like Hershey, but if for some reason a natural disaster would wipe out the site or something like that. I'm just curious.

Oh yeah, putting on finals is so easy that we should expect a full operational "back up plan" in case something happens.

You people live in Fantasyland. <**>

Oh yeah, putting on finals is so easy that we should expect a full operational "back up plan" in case something happens.

You people live in Fantasyland. <**>

Um, a simple no would be fine :blink:

^OO^ That's wonderful news to know!! ^OO^

w/Stp:

Um, a simple no would be fine :blink:

ik what a jerk face

Honest question.... Does DCA have a backup plan for any year, if something happens with the original championship site? I dont just mean with a situation like Hershey, but if for some reason a natural disaster would wipe out the site or something like that. I'm just curious.

Yeah, that is a good question...

Jeff,

I think it is irresponsible posts, like yours, that would begin to strain this relationship. While you might have a personal dislike for the new GM, I believe we should all keep our noses out of others business. If you would like to be part of the solution and not part of the problem, maybe you should start working on getting elected to the DCA board of directors. Only then should you be capable of deciding who DCA does business with and who DCA does not do business with.

Not so irresponsible if you live in our area and followed what happened in the local papers.

As far as who DCA decides to do business with, IMO DCA made clear who they didn't want to deal with when Hershey was removed from consideration for this years Championships.

PS - I know Rochester is one of the cities most closely liked to Senior corps and DCA. But I want to point up that the DC group that lost out in Hershey were no slouches either. And this killed shows at a site that had hosted since the early 1950s.

No disrepect to Allen and his capable crew, but please go over everything with a fine toothed comb and signed as soon as possible. I STILL can't believe Drum Corps is dead at Hershey.

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

"We initially only planned on three concerts (annually), but with Matthew on board, I think we'll most likely do more," DuRoss said.

Hershey's two venues hosted 35 concerts (13 outdoors) last year, Ford said. "It's going to take some time to get there, but through the relationships the (Rhinos) have and that I have in the industry, we'll start to build it here," Ford said.

<end quote>

Big question to me is if Rhino management will allow HERCOs "verbal contract" BS which killed the Hershey show and chance at DCA in Chocolatetown. DCA, David B or whoever should get contracts signed in blood or move it to somewhere else.

Wonder what Gil Silvas and Don Achinsons thoughts are about now. Don't the Rochester Patriots host a home show?

I got hershman's thoughts today....I hadn't heard him swear that much since, well, last June

Jeff,

I think it is irresponsible posts, like yours, that would begin to strain this relationship. While you might have a personal dislike for the new GM, I believe we should all keep our noses out of others business. If you would like to be part of the solution and not part of the problem, maybe you should start working on getting elected to the DCA board of directors. Only then should you be capable of deciding who DCA does business with and who DCA does not do business with.

irresponsible? this guy dumped a show that had run for 50 years.......and because i put up a warning flare i am acting irresponsibly? DCA's own VP did not know this news when I told him today. I feel personally vindicated posting this because, while it looks like this year is covered, in future years, issues like Hershey ran into could come up again.

do you want everyone to just smile and say ok because he's new? he was at Hershey for 8 years til he screwed that up.

Sorry, I did the right thing, and people, especially drum corps fans in Rochester deserve to know who is now in charge. The goods news is thanks to Allen, this year is covered. But for any future years, now they are warned to cross every t and dot every I when doing business with this guy.