Weird Things Your Instrucors did

I had a horn instructor that would wear these nasty green shorts every summer. And thats all he would wear, no shirt, no underwear. The shorts were so old that there were holes all over and the elastic was gone. then he would stick his tuner, valve oil and cigarrettes in his shorts. What a class act!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hometown corps staff once made us march a run through on a field with all these watering pipes all over the field. People were tripping all over the place and then the staff yelled at us for not roll stepping!! Good times for sure. I thought for a moment that was going to be the end of my drum corps career.

My hometown corps staff once made us march a run through on a field with all these watering pipes all over the field. People were tripping all over the place and then the staff yelled at us for not roll stepping!! Good times for sure. I thought for a moment that was going to be the end of my drum corps career.

Jim Elvord, back in Madison '76/'77, used to do these count-offs that would last for maybe 20 or 30 seconds.

During the count-off, he'd clap his hands, mark time with a bootie march and say things like, "Take it down the middle and side to side."

Impressive performances, every one of them.

We were so pumped up to start playing that the sound came out like a dammed up flood.

I had a horn instructor that would wear these nasty green shorts every summer. And thats all he would wear, no shirt, no underwear. The shorts were so old that there were holes all over and the elastic was gone. then he would stick his tuner, valve oil and cigarrettes in his shorts. What a class act!!!

:spit:

Where are the George Zingali stories?

This question is meant in a positive way. I've heard numerous stories about little quirks he would use to get people to think about marching well.

Edited by jbl

Hmmm....this may be a bit racy for the younger crowd but I'll try to tone it down.

In 1983 when VF brought Bobby Hoffman in late in the spring he came over in a Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine type van with some hot young blond that probably wasn't even old enough to have aged out yet. She ended up being a guard instructor for us and ran the morning warm ups in this really skimpy little get up. Mind you this is early 80's flashdance era, but she just had these silky shorts and a spagetti string thing on......that's it..... All of us dudes would fall all over ourselves trying to figure out which way she was going to face when sitting down if you get my drift. What a bunch of perverts! :music::lol::music::music::huh:

In 1983 when VF brought Bobby Hoffman in late in the spring he came over in a Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine type van...

:lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit:

Uhhhhh...

EVERYTHING our staff did was weird!!! :music: :music: :sshh:

Hmmm....this may be a bit racy for the younger crowd but I'll try to tone it down.

In 1983 when VF brought Bobby Hoffman in late in the spring he came over in a Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine type van with some hot young blond that probably wasn't even old enough to have aged out yet. She ended up being a guard instructor for us and ran the morning warm ups in this really skimpy little get up...

Deb Bennett. Definitely a hot lady.