Best looking Drums

Regiment 1996 - Blood Red, black hardware, and quivers by the harness joint. love it

best

Magoo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right, Nanc... the "Vistalite's" were clear. Some clear clear, and some colored clear. Muchacho's had red clear Vistalites, and Guardsmen had orange clear Vistalites. I did not know that 27th had vistalites at one time...interesting. I recall the Guardsmen had problems with the tenors shells cracking where the slings/harness were attached.

They would probably look kinda goofy in today's corps, but they were cool back then.

Osage had gold Vistalites in 75-76. Did a thing at the end of the drum solo where a flashcube was rigged up inside the snares and set off a big flash on the last note. Really cool effect, especially at night shows.

1998-1999 East Coast Jazz Emerald Mist Green Laquer Pearls with white powder-coated hardware ECJ drums

1994 Cadets Blue Pearl Pearls 1994 Cadets

2004 & 2005 Glassmen

1991 (Marroon) & 1992 VK - the obnoxious yellow that was originally intended for the Cadets, but they refused them 1991 1992

1993 Cadets All gold Pearls

1991 & 1993 Crossmen Rosewood Laquer Premiers with White Powder-coated harware 1991

Teal Sound's this past season looked cool as well. It's amazing what you can do with contact paper. ECJ did the same thing with the concert toms in the pit. They were actually 1970's Ludwig Gold Sparkle wrapped drums with Green Marble contact paper covering the wrap.

Props to '86-'87 SCV green Pearls-

SCV had green Premiers in 86, went to Pearl in 87. But yeah, cool as all get-out.

Those octobons sounded very cool. They looked very heavy as well. I watched Kilties from the sidelines in '78. (Props to the rifle dude did a flip and popped his knee and another guy in stopping to pop it back in so he could continue on. It was rather ugly to watch.

Mom

PS. Some good video of some lines from '05

http://www.vicfirth.com/features/DCI2005.html

Mom, I was there. Looked painful. I love the Renegades drums, also like the 04 Vanguard and the Pacific Alliance/Lions Cross, red with black and chrome. (Kinda Santa Claraish) Can see at "pacall.net".

1991 (Marroon) & 1992 VK - the obnoxious yellow that was originally intended for the Cadets, but they refused them 1991 1992

No, no... in '93 the Cadets refused the maroon drums with yellow hardware that eventually found their way into SCV's hands.

The neon yellow drums VK used in '92 were only ever VK's. In fact, they got them that color by painting them drums with automobile paint.

Edited by Hulka

Cavaliers 2000-2001, I don't know what it is about those drums but the natural finish with the chrome hardware is just...beautiful. IMHO those are the classiest, most beautiful drums I've seen. Also Vanguard 2004 (looked like leaopard print?) were sweet and really looked good against the uniform.

Scouts '74-'75 Copper TDR's under the "Red Velvet" covers

Guardsmen '79 White Gloss Slingerland's with Black Chrome Hardware, Gloss Black Tenor Interiors (6-Quads in that line) also the first line to use XL Carriers