• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few more:

SCV '80-81: 7th to 1st

Madison Scouts '72-73: 14th to 4th

And some impressive multi-year gains:

BD '73-76: 24th to 9th to 3rd to 1st

Suncoast Sound '79-'83: 40th to 30th to 21st to 13th to 6th

Suncoast was 6th in '83, but was actually 5th in prelims.

I forgot to add it in the original post so... Cadets 89 a sloppy 5th place to 90 one of the cleanest shows I've ever witnessed.

89 cadets may have been sloppy, but what a great show.

They performed the #### out of it, could feel it in the stands.

Someone said it was "The best show to finish 5th"

Sounds like it's a lot harder to move up a great deal than to drop a great deal.

Just in recent history (since 2000) I can think several corps dropping more than 6 places from one year to the next (Blue Knights-8, Crown-6, Magic-6, Glassmen-6) but only Crown-6 has made the same climb.

-edited for spelling

Edited by boilerman_05

Dutch Boy went from 32nd in '85, to 17th in '86. Not bad for a bunch of 15 year olds! B)

They absorbed a lot of the Northmen's horns that summer, didn't they? I really enjoyed that show, and the use of "Meet George Jet-sooooooooon" as a leitmotiv. The 86 corps laid the groundwork for the fine hornlines and color guards to follow from Dutch Boy.

They absorbed a lot of the Northmen's horns that summer, didn't they? I really enjoyed that show, and the use of "Meet George Jet-sooooooooon" as a leitmotiv. The 86 corps laid the groundwork for the fine hornlines and color guards to follow from Dutch Boy.

Yes they did. It was also Al DiCroce's first year as corps director. And, we had Tony Gambaro, sop soloist from the '84-'85 Avante Garde. He was a pleasure to work with. Check out the Double C in the intro of "The Jetsons". It gave me goosebumps everytime I heard it! B)